Volume 1 Chapter 5

.

Within the confines of Beacon Academy, Team OOPM are at the conclusion of their sparring session between each other.

Oscar: Twagh!

Oscar groans as he slides along the ground, having been blasted by Penny's beam attack.

Penny: Your Aura is now red, victory is now mine!

Penny declares with a smile as Oscar sighs.

Oscar: I just can't seem to beat you, Penny. You're too good.

Oscar admits with a smile as he gets himself back onto his feet.

*CLANG*

The sound of swords clashing, attracts their attention as they look over at the battle ongoing between Onyx and Kelly.

Oscar: Man, those two are neck-and-neck.

Penny: But Kelly is still controlling the exchange.

Oscar: Huh?

Penny: Onyx is only keeping up and damaging her because of his Semblance, which can allow him to get a few quick slashes on her, but Kelly is more refined with her fighting style.

Oscar: I see.

Onyx: Twagh!

Onyx groans loudly as he staggers back, hunched forward.

Kelly: That's my win.

Onyx: Huh?

Onyx looks over at the screen to see his Aura is coloured red.

Onyx: Darn... and I thought I had you.

Kelly: You almost did, our skill level isn't that far apart as you think. Why didn't you use some of the moves you did during the Initiation? Like Flashclap?

Onyx: Flashclap is a move meant for the bigger Grimm's, instead of a human.

Kelly: Then what about that other move you've been trying out over the last few weeks? How's the progress?

Onyx: Still needs some finishing touches. I'm concentrating too much on the attack that the approach is so slow that any good Huntsman or Huntress can react to it.

Oscar: Our Aura is low so we can't really continue training at the moment.

Onyx: It's fine, our hour is up anyways. Let's just head back and-

Kelly: Orrrr! We go out to the city!

Onyx: Huh?

Kelly: Come onnn, it's Friday! Let's go out and have fun together as a team!

Penny: I agree, it would be really nice to bond like fellow friends!

Oscar: (shrugs) I'm not opposed to it. How about you?

Onyx: Wouldn't hurt to be honest. Besides, Kelly's paying for dinner.

Kelly: Since when?! 

Onyx: You're rich!

Kelly: No, Penny is rich! And it was her turn anyways, like we agreed on last time!

Penny: I can confirm that I am indeed next on this "payment roster" within Team OOPM!

Kelly: Thank you, Penny!

Penny: You'reeee welcome, friend Kelly!

Penny salutes, earning a hug from her fellow female friend.