3. Unkept Promises

3 | Wren Miller

I slip the pill into my mouth, whilst I stare deep into my own reflection.

I look a mess.

My brown locks are tangled, unkept, along with the makeup spread across my fair skin, staining it. Ruining it.

I lean over the sink, burying my face in my hands, to weep out the emotions I've carefully kept inside.

What the fuck am I doing?

I promised myself I wouldn't let go of my standards, but here I am, still hanging out with the man who caused me tremendous pain. I know I said I'd be civil, but I just can't anymore. He needs to get the fuck out of here before I lose more than just my sanity.

"Hey."

The door opens behind me, and the leakage from my eyes instantly halts. I swiftly wipe the traces of tears away, before turning to face Billie. I got good at hiding my tears throughout my childhood, knowing they'd only cause my father to worry and my mother to complain.

"Hey." I smile weakly.

"Are you okay?" Billie's average frame rests against the door, his arms fold across his chest. "Yeah." I answer, attempting to force a more convincing smile.

"You aren't. I can tell." I would ask how he knows, but he's crushed my spirit more times than I can count. He can see the misery flash in my eyes.

"Fine." I sling my arms across my chest "You wanna know the truth?" I ask, to which he responds with a nod. "I feel like shit. I was just about to get over high-school, then you fucking show up." God, I don't know where this sas came from, but I love it. "You and your friends fucked me up." It was never just Billie. It was a group of people, sometimes they'd interchange. However, the leader of the pack was always Billie. He'd be the one to shove me down the stairs, or to toss my backpack into the trash. The others would use harsh words, same as Billie, and laugh behind my back, but they'd never really get as physical as Billie did

"The shit you said...about...me...my dad, my family." I remember many times, he'd bully me for my family's lack of money, my hair, my clothes, my glasses. Everything. He'd even target the more personal stuff. I almost burst into tears as I think about it. "And...The fact that...you took my virginity.."

Billies already somber expression drops, to one of dread and regret. Instantly, my teeth clamp over my lips, attempting to swallow my words back in.

However it is too late.

"I-I took your virginity?" He gasps.

"Yeah." I answer, still shocked, by body paralysed and unmoving.

I can't keep quiet any longer. I need to hurt him. Not to the extent that he hurt me, I could never manage that. I just want the affect.

He took my virginity. The one thing in my life which was meant to be special. The one thing that I could control, and share with someone special.

Fuck this.

Fuck him.

Fuck being civil.

"Fuck you." I begin, anger bubbling inside me "You took everything from me. I was happy before you came back into my life. I fucking hate you. I'm glad your alone now, I'm glad your 'friends' wised up and left your pathetic ass. I hope you lose the little you have."

Of course, that wasn't the most prepared insult ever, I was just spitting out anything that came to mind. But from the furrow of Billies eyebrows, along with the clench of his fists, it seems to have worked.

I see him biting back the anger within, letting it stew and boil until the dam breaks, flooding out.

His breath goes heavy - I can see from the rise and fall of his shoulders. He hunches over, his fists clenching harder.

He's going to hurt me.

"Bring it on." I smile.

Authors note: sorry for releasing so many chapters in one day im just like reallt excited about this book??? like??? anyways lmk how yall felt about this one!!!

love you lots 💕