4: How To Hit A Cute Guy With Your Car & Apologize For Doing So

[A/N:] Long update but it's going to be like this for awhile till i wrap up my other story. But anyway...

Vote. Comment. Fan? :3

- kelly_1231

4: How To Hit A Cute Guy With Your Car & Apologize For Doing So

i didn't know if it was just me but growing up, I always noticed how so many of friends became really distant with their parents as they got older. One year my friends would be laughing with their parents at the dinner table and the next year, all of sudden, they just decided that they were "old" enough to "stay" at their friend's house for God knows how long. Me, on the other hand, I would never stray away from my parents because 1) I literally wouldn't know what to do with my life if they weren't around 2) My mommy wouldn't be there to give me a hug when I needed one and 3) They paid for my shit so I guess i was obliged to not give them sass.

That and because my mom and dad were literally my best friends.

"How was school today?" My mom asked as I began helping her slice all the vegetables. She looked at me just as she tucked a lock of her dark hair behind her ear and her warm brown eyes met mine. She smiled. "Well?"

I shrugged. "Same old, same old," I answered. "I went to school, listened to my teachers lecture the class while I took notes for half of the time and the other half just doodling devil horns onto their heads--"

My mom snorted. "You're very productive," she stated, her voice filled with sarcasm.

I laughed. "Anyway, I also listened to everybody around me gossip, ate my lunch while my friends talked about something funny, I picked Irene and Isaac from school-- and oh, that girl threw a toy car at my head yesterday-- and then I went home," I finished. I looked at my mom with a grin. "Am i boring you?"

My mom laughed. "Yeah," she responded as if it was obvious. "Your life is boring."

"So what? You want to go out on the street and do drugs?"

"I never said that--"

"It was implied."

My mother snorted. "Go do drugs, Isabella Marie-- I dare you. See what will happen to your face when you come home," she challenged.

That was the thing about my mom: not once have I ever heard her say the words, "Don't do drugs." Instead, she would challenge me to even try and she would end her sentence with a frightening threat Suffice to say, my mom's tactics had always worked considering the fact that I was drug-free and not planning to change that fact any time soon. And if I was, I would certainly get the wooden spoon as a punishment.

"So, do you have a boyfriend yet?" My loving mother teased. Unlike so many parents who didn't know the relationship status of their children, both my parents, especially my mother, knew that my relationship status had always been, and would always be, single. I guess my mom found it a little tragic that her seventeen-year-old daughter had never been kissed on the lips yet because she had been teasing me about it for the past two years.

"Yes, oh, dearest mother," I answered dramtically. "My knight and shining armour came to sweep me off my feet today in the hallways where it reeks of B.O and rotten sandwiches--"

"Who is this knight and shining armour you are talking about? Should I whip out of my gun?' A deep voice rang out from out the kitchen obviously amused. The front door then closed shut as I heard the familiar sound of dozens of keys being place on the side table near by.