Endless Night

The bright light of the camera flashes made Dami's eyes hurt. For a second, she wasn't standing in the book club room but in the car on that night. The night that changed everything. The night that led her there.

Her breath was heavy for a few seconds, her fists clenching as she tried to stay still

"Are you okay?" Gahyeon, who was sat beside her, asked, noticing something was wrong.

"I am okay." Dami lied, her voice a bit raspy.

"Okay, we are finished. You can all go." Sua, who was now checking the old camera, announced.

The girls were all in the book club room wearing all white clothes the girl prepared for the picture. Since she didn't know Dami was joining beforehand, she had to run to the theater department to grab something for her to wear. In the end, she accomplished her plans for the picture, even if someone else intruded.

Gahyeon got up from her chair, feeling a bit nauseous l, almost tripping, but Dami caught her.

"I should be the one asking if you are okay." Dami pointed.

"I am good, just a bit nauseous. The nurse told me the medicine could have some collateral effects. I just need to rest."

"Let's go to our room." Handong said, interlocking their arms so she could help Gahyeon to walk.

"Wait... we should at least decide the next book we are reading." Siyeon suggested.

"Why don't we let the new girl choose." Sua suggested, a not so sympathetic smile on her face.

"Nothing comes to mind now." dami said, trying to get out of the spotlight.

"We'll give you some time to think.." Sua said. "You have until tomorrow's dinner to pick a book from the school library, and inform us about your choice."

"Huh... okay." Dami said, not really excited. She didn't even want to be part of the thaT club, moreover choose what they were reading next.

"Nice." Sua said, smiling at her in a passive-aggressive way. "Now you all can go."

"Are you heading to our room?" Yoohyeon asked.

"Not yet, I want to reveal the pictures I took today." Sua explained.

"Don't break the curfew." Yoohyeon warned her.

"I won't." She said, not paying much attention to her friend while she packed the camera. "Siyeon, do you want to help me?"

"Yeah, sure!" The girl said without hesitation.

Handong was the first to let the room, taking Gahyeon with her to have some rest. Dami followed alone to her shared room.

Minji was leaving beside Yoohyeon when the girl asked her if she wanted to go to her room since their respective roommates were busy together.

"I need to practice a bit." Minji pointed. "I didn't do it today earlier because we went to the garden."

"Oh, I see." Yoohyeon said a bit disappointed. "Go to your piano. I'll try to sleep a bit."

"Have a good rest." Minji really wanted Yoohyeon to rest, she seem so tired lately.

"Thank you." She said as Minji walked away. "And don't break the curfew!"

Minji turned around and gave her thumbs up, then ran to the music room.

***

The music room wasn't one of the most distant parts of the mansion, so the noise wouldn't bother anyone. You had to walk for a long, narrow highway that was frequently poorly lit, but Minji was used to it.