Engagement

Sal - the oldest aunt in the village stood on the stage with the mic in her hand

Sal - the oldest aunt in the village stood on the stage with the mic in her hand. She asked the audience to go silent for a minute.

Tae and Jungkook sat in the audience but far away from each other. Tae sat on the left corner and Jungkook on the right - wearing white, satin clothes as per the tradition.

After getting caught twice in intimate position by both their mothers they weren't left alone. A woman was always left with them when they wanted to talk. But that didn't stop them from connecting. They sat day and night talking - talking about their childhood, likes, dislikes, their future and marriage.

But all they did was talk. Just talking. Their eyes hovering over each other's body. But before they could hold hands to touch anything accidentally - an aunty would pop out of nowhere.

Jungkook was losing patience. He just needed one kiss and nothing more than that.

Just one kiss.

Tae giggled once watching their mothers purposely walk into the garden where they were sitting, "Patience, Mr. Jeon. Patience!"

"Welcome everyone to the communion of the Kim and the Jeon family," Aunt Sal began the ceremony officially.

The crowd cheered all overjoyed and happy. It was cloudy with a little bit of thundering and breeziness in the air.

"Before we start the engagement ceremony," aunt Sal smiled brightly, her beige dress shining, "I want to tell the traditions of this village to the Jeon family."

Tae blushed looking down because he knew Jungkook was not paying attention to aunt Sal but staring at him from the other end.

"So - um - Jungkook," aunt Sal called the groom, "a little attention here as well. I know we are boring and dull. But - just for a few minutes."

The crowd began to laugh and Jungkook began to shake his hands and head.

"So - since the Jeons don't know anything about our age-old traditions - let me brief you - well - they were a bit weird. The engagement ceremony as well as the wedding ceremony. The reason why they are weird is because they are so old. In this village, we only had arranged marriages since a long time. After a point of time, people got fed up with the traditions and the rituals. I mean - as it is we were having arranged marriages only and on top of that such old traditions. So - many years ago we decided to make these rituals a bit more fun and interesting. Hence, you will see these weird and funny rituals in our ceremonies. Starting now - our first ceremony is finding your mate."

Jungkook and Tae were asked to get up from their places.

Both are draped in white clothes and golden jewelry.

"Generally we do this with a bride and a groom but since we have two grooms now - you will volunteer first?" aunt Sal asked oblivious that Jungkook had no idea about this ritual.