5. The Attic

Okay, so this one is all me and my paranoid mind. Well, when I stay at my mama's house I sleep upstairs in my own mothers old room. Well, I woke up one night while staying there and I heard something that still scares me.

I woke up to a tapping noise, kind of like water dripping. Well I walked downstairs and checked the sink which was turn off. Then I checked the shower and bath, but it hit me... How could I hear a drip from here if I was asleep upstairs on the other side of the house. I guess I accidentally woke my mama up because she walked in and asked me what was wrong. 

I told her I heard this weird tapping/dripping noise from somewhere and I told her I wouldn't be able to hear the sink from upstairs. My mama was confused and she went upstairs with me because I was still young and I was scared. She sat up there with me until I just about dozed off. When she stood up to leave the tapping started again. Of course my mama hushed me and listened she walked over to the hallway closet outside of my door and unlocked it. The tapping got louder when the door opened. 

My mama rammed her hand against the attic door and almost instantly the tapping got really loud. Like someone was tapping on the door where my mama's hand was. By then my grandpa, at the time Brad, woke up and was with us listening. I wanted the tapping to stop so I started asking my grandpa to make it stop. He did by opening the dang attic door! 

Why!!?!?!?

My mama and I were both freaked out when nothing but dust came rushing out. My grandpa when up to investigate and came back with one of their barn cats. It was a little brown kitten that had been chasing mice and was distracted when my grandma hit the door. I sighed in relief, but as soon as I was tucked back into bed, I swear that I saw a lady standing half way up the stair and half way down them behind my mama.