𝘑𝘰𝘺𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘤𝘰. ;; 𝘊𝘔

SUMMARY : Charles and you share a cigarette, saving money.

WARNINGS : none

RATING : gender neutral reader

You were sat just outside Clemens point, sat on a rotting log with a small block of wood in your lap, knife carefully whittling it. You narrowed your eyes, finding it difficult to see your craftsmanship because of the lighting.

It wasn't particularly bright out, but the sun just seemed to be attacking you today. It was way too contrasted, the light blinding you unless you squinted like an old man without his prescription.

Your situation didn't improve when a shadow casted over you, before you listened to a heavy figure plop beside you on the log, eyes studying what you were doing.

"Hi, Charles." You muttered, not batting an eye as you struggled to keep your knife steady, getting a proper curve and groove into the rough oak.

"...You got that okay?" He softly asked, his rich voice seeming to ease your nerves. Even if just a little.

With a nod, you offered the tiny figure to him. A cubic buffalo, nothing too special. "I can't get the tail, Y'know?" You tried to explain, running your pinkie finger over the back of it, which had hardly been touched by your blade.

He hummed in thought, nodding with understanding as he took the tiny buffalo into his mitt, studying the piece.

"It looks good, if you're worried about that." He reassured, his dark locks falling past his eyes as he slightly tilted his head, hunched over and studying what you've made.

After a lengthy pause, you looked at how carefully he held what you created, before speaking.

"You got a cigarette?" You asked, lifting your brows a little as your hand reached for your pocket for a lighter.

"Yeah. I got you." He murmured, gently setting the small buffalo on your thigh before tugging some premium cigarettes out of his satchel, plucking one out and resting it between his lips.

The lighter flickered on, the flame briefly sparking before hovering below the cigarette, allowing smoke to start.

He took a lengthy drag, holding it in his lungs for a moment as he handed you the cigarette.

"Thanks." You mumbled, before taking the cigarette into your lips, a long drag sucking down your body, warming up your core before exhaling.

The sun had lowered, the warm atmosphere cooling down as beautiful strokes of orange and yellow painted the sky. It looked really nice.

This was nice.