Prologue

Ever wonder how the phantoms came to be? Snakes are the cause of these deadly creatures. When the Snake Alpha, Toxinness, ruled the Temple of Zois many eons ago, the swamps where a powerful and feared force. The Snakes dedicated their lives to science and knowledge. Their library was tremendous. There was a book on every subject in their massive library. But the snakes had terrible flaw, they craved ultimate power. Then Toxinness discovered ancient texts of a horribly powerful crystal. He sent thousands of snakes to the forest to retrieve this artifact, but none have returned.

Toxinness was slowly driving himself mad from the greed he possessed. Soon he had sent every snake to the cursed forest. He never saw any of his loyal followers again. Toxinness left his enormous temple and vanished from the worlds. His loyal followers however, came back. Not as snakes but as vile amphibious beings of greed, power and hate. The snakes got the ultimate power they desired, but at the cost of their humanity. They took their temple back and began their never ending search for the treacherous alpha who sent them to this horrific fate.

No one ever found Toxinness. Some believe he is still in hiding, waiting until the horrid phantoms to find and kill him.