Chapter 4- Mira

Mira was awoken from her thoughts when Greely and Peck came dashing in her direction. She smiled.

"Can't agree on a game again?" Mira laughed softly to herself.

Greely shook his furry head.

"No. We are hungry Mira!" Peck whined while stomping her little foot.

Mira stood and stretched for a moment. Then she beckoned them to come.

Greely perked his ears. And said with a twinkle in his eyes, "You mean we can come with you this time?"

Mira stroked her beaky chin with her wing, acting out a very cheesey thinking-face. "Hmm, can you be good if I let you come?"

Greely, without hesitation, replied "Yes! Yes! We'll be good, right Peck?"

Peck hopped forward. "Yes! We will be good!"

Mira smiled, and with a laugh, said "Well then, let's go!"

Mira walked off towards the berry patch, Greely and Peck bounded after her.

They were rather difficult to keep watch on. Once one ran off in one direction, the other ran another direction. She could hardly keep up with the energetic children. She darted after Greely, who was chasing bees. Peck, of course, ran the other way, but came to a sudden stop.

Mira, with Greely tucked under her wing to keep him from running, came panting to Peck.

She chuckled, still trying to catch her breath. "You finally run out of energy, Peck?"

Peck looked back at Mira with a shocked expression and shook her head. Her big ears flopping as she nodded. Peck looked back at bushes and pointed.

"I think he is hurt." She whispered.

Mira looked to where Peck had pointed. In the bushes, tangled up and exhausted, was a little tiger cub.