chapter 7

Elle woke up to the curtains being pulled open and a cheerful Hunter, "My fiance can't sleep in forever. It's time to wake up!"

Elle blinked her eyes slowly trying to adjust to the bright morning sun. Hunter looked gorgeous in her thin white robe.

"What time is it?" Elle groaned.

"It's breakfast time." Hunter responded as she rounded the bed and sat a tray on Elle's thighs. The tray had a large stack of pancakes with whipped cream and syrup on top, blueberries on the side, along with two champagne flutes filled with orange liquid.

Elle gently lifted up one flute and held it to the light inspecting it.

"Don't worry, pretty girl, it's just orange juice." Hunter said with a kiss.

"What's all this for?" Elle asked as she took a sip.

"What? Can't a girl make her fiance breakfast in bed?" Hunter flirted.

"You've never done it before..." Elle peered jokingly.

"Well I've never had a fiance before." Hunter popped a blueberry in her mouth seductively.

"Hmm. My fiance is cute." Elle leaned forward and kissed her.

"I had planned to do this yesterday but someone hijacked their entire birthday like a psychopath." Hunter mocked.

"Looks like it ended well though," Elle motioned to Hunter's ring.

"It did, but I never got to give her the present I planned." Hunter frowned.

"You got me a present?" Elle's eyes glistened in excitement. A childlike part of her still enjoyed the surprise that came with unwrapping a gift, even if it was a small one.

"Of course. I learned a long time ago not to listen to you." Hunter laughed as she opened her bedside drawer and pulled out an exquisitely wrapped rectangular box.

Elle excitedly took the box from Hunter's hands, shaking it by her ear. "Hmm. From the look of the box it's a shirt, but it feels almost too light to be that." Elle guessed.

"Well go ahead. Happy birthday, baby." Hunter kissed Elle's cheek, giving her permission to open it.

Elle swiftly unwrapped it and lifted the top of the box up to reveal a skimpy red bikini sitting on top of soft tissue paper with a card placed gently on top.

Ellio,

You always say today is like any other. My desire day by day is in fact the same, to make you happy. You always say you want me for your birthday. Haven't you realized by now that I've always been yours? I will always be yours.

This bikini can be just that, one you get to see on me during a future vacation. Or, if it doesn't scare you anymore, then it can represent our honeymoon. Take your pick.

If it's the latter, look at the string in the back.

Whatever you choose, I'm yours.

Hunt.

Elle's eyes glistened with tears ready to fall as she lifted the bikini from the box. She reached to the back string to find it tied around the antique ring she had accidentally discovered years ago.

Elle's fingers trembled as she slipped the ring from the knot and turned to Hunter.

"I guess I don't have to be nervous about your answer anymore since you beat me to it." Hunter smiled softly. "It's not exactly the same ring as before, look inside."

Elle turned the ring gingerly in the light to read the inscription, "2 souls poured in 1."

"It's a nod to the Plath excerpt you put in my locket. It's probably stupid. I'm not good at that stuff..." Hunter's voice trailed off as she ducked her head down and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

Elle lifted Hunter's chin up to make eye contact. "It's perfect," she whispered into a kiss against Hunter's lips. "Will you put it on my finger?"

"Happily." Hunter smiled as she slipped the ring onto Elle's finger and kissed her hand.

"Now, one last thing!" Elle said excitedly. Hunter raised an eyebrow, intrigued.

"Put that bikini on for me, woman!" Elle laughed loudly.