Sometimes you just need a friend.

Lex put her arm around Angel as they walked out of work. " It's been a long ass night... let's have a drink as soon as we get back to the hotel."

Angel smiled and nodded, leaning into Lex’s touch “Sounds perfect. And I promise, once we’re back at the hotel, I’ll make it up to you for being so quiet tonight.”

“Val was a little too rough with you tonight, I don’t blame you for being quiet.” She sighed “He was harder on you than than any of the rest of us and I’m sorry he took shit out on you.”

Angel shrugged off the comment, but a small smile played on his lips “Oh, it’s fine. I can handle Valentino. Besides, it just means I get to relax more now that he’s taken out all his frustrations on me.”

“If it helps you should see the bruise he left on me earlier. “

Angels eyes widened, his anger flaring at the thought of anyone hurting Lex “Fuck him! That asshole doesn’t deserve you. I swear, I’ll make sure he regrets what he did to you.”

Lex hugged him tightly “It’s ok Angel..... really.” Lex blushed “It’s nice to know you care. But honestly, it’s just a bruise. I’m more concerned about you right now. You look like you could use a pick-me-up.”

Angel leaned into Lex’s touch, her warmth spreading through his body “A pick-me-up, hmm? What did you have in mind?”

“Remember when we first started hanging out?”

Angel smiled softly, his fingers trailing along Lex’s arm as he thought back “Yeah, of course I do. We were both fucked up..... we still kinda are.”

Lex smiled. “You always grounded me, I mean no matter how bad shit was you could hold me and it would all just go away.”

Angels cheeks flushed slightly, his heart swelling with pride and affection “That’s because you were my rock too, Lex. You’re always there for me, no matter what. I think that’s why our friendship works so well. We balance each other out.”

Lex softly kissed his cheek. “Come on, let’s get out of here.”

Angel smiled and nodded, linking his arm with Lex’s as they made their way back to the hotel.

Lex laughed as she sprinted thru the front doors and across the lobby before plopping on a barstool. “Heya Husker!!! Pour us a couple of shots!”

Angel chuckled and took a seat next to Lex, his eyes twinkling with amusement “You know, you’re really into shots tonight. Are you trying to get me drunk or something?”

Lex giggled. “Maybe.... Maybe not.”

He playfully rolled his eyes, but there was a hint of excitement in his voice “I’m not opposed to the idea of getting a little tipsy with you.”

Lex nudged his arm playfully. “Everytime we get a little tipsy we wind up waking up in the same bed the next morning.”

Angel smirked, his cheeks flushing slightly. He couldn’t deny the truth in Lex’s words, and there was something strangely comforting about it. They had shared many mornings like that over the years “Yeah, well...”

“Hey.... I didn’t say it was a bad thing...”

He couldn’t help but laugh at Lex’s teasing tone. He leaned in closer, their shoulders touching lightly. “It’s not bad at all,” he whispered, feeling a shiver run down his spine.” Don’t you have plans with Al?”

“You know the arrangement Alastor and I have.” Lex smiled.... “He doesn’t want sex outside of the rut very often.” She gently brushed Angels hair from his face. “ He also knows how close we are and he has no problems with that.”