𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

"𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵"

  ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ 

  ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ 

𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

╰┈˚ · ° .  THE COMPLETE TURN THAT SAM HAD DONE after accepting his new reality was astounding. He had accepted his new self and his new responsibilities, not only as a shapeshifter, but as an alpha, even if he was still the only one person to have shifted, he was a born leader, ready to lead his pack

The night he would patrol the treaty line for any signs of the cold ones, sometimes, I would even join him. He had always been a serious person, but now, he was always on alert. He had a new light in his eyes, a purpose. The alpha status, being a shifter to help his people... it was his call. I loved seeing him in this new role.

Sam had always been mature for his age, too mature that sometimes I think the only times he acted his age was when he would annoy the shit out of me. He took care of me since our father left us and our mother was a mom one day yes and ten no. He had friends, sure, but the only people he really cared about were just Leah and I. He didn't have something that he loved doing, a hobby... But this, protecting our tribe, gave him one. I could see that he loved the responsibility.

But much as I loved seeing him having this new light in him, he was starting to push everyone around him away. His relationship with Leah was strained, he had lost all his friends. The lies that he had to continue to tell, builded more and more to the point where he preferred his own company, shifted in his wolf form, patrolling the woods.

On the other hand, not much had changed for me, but now, I would spend my time less on drawing and more on training my powers, trying to use my emotions as a tool for heightening the strength and not suppress it.

The most prominent change though, one that completely floored me? It was loneliness. It wasn't something that I ever felt much before. I had never needed more than my brother in my life, but now, I felt like there was something missing, almost like a hole that needed to be filled. My soul and powers both yearn for something— someone, or more than one.

The grimoire had said something like this might happen. It should be because I was without my coven. Without the people that would fill the hallowed places formed inside of me.