XIII

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

"𝘌𝘥𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘥, 𝘐 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦"

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

╰┈˚ · ° .   A CULT. THAT WAS WHAT THE RUMOR MILL at La Push High School said about our group now. That we were all in a cult. Apparently the matching tattoos that the guys had all on their right shoulders and the too similar necklaces that us girls wore, had not passed very much unobserved. I didn't know what was worse, being called Circus Freak or that everyone thought that we had formed a cult.

Paul's distance from every of his old friends had not passed under the radar, and was much more talked of when either Jared or Amelia or Kim started to hang around.

It was hard going all morning, through classes, when walking through the hallways, with all the eyes on you knowing that people all around were talking and probably creating the most absurd theories about you.

It wasn't the first time that had happened to me, though. I remember being the object of the gossip around La Push High School thanks to the 'lab accident'. It wasn't the best thing but I could say that it didn't bother me much since I had gone through it more then I would have wanted, the others though, each had their own feelings of it.

Kim had kept her eyes down almost since coming in that morning, people had actually had the guts to approach her and ask her about it. Jared had passed the morning glaring at everyone who even thought of approaching his imprint again or that was talking too loudly near her. He had tried not to leave Kim's side since coming to school, only for lessons, which he begrudgingly agreed to leave once Sam had told him that he would just make things worse.

Amelia, she was angry but maskered the emotion with flirty smiles and icy remarks whenever she felt people too close. Even at her own twin, who had approached her first thing first after the first period demanding some explanations and telling her to dump us. It wasn't a new thing Jacob dislikeness for us. It had all begun when Maddison had started spending time with us a bit more. But Amelia was probably the last person to demand anything from. She would just bite back twice as hard.

Sam was calm and collected, like none of those rumors had ever arrived to his ears. And the fact that he couldn't care less, was actually real because I could not feel any anger or other heightened emotion coming from him.