i. F*ckin' Rez Dogs

Being up at seven in the morning wasn't uncommon for Dolly, she was every day of the week

Being up at seven in the morning wasn't uncommon for Dolly, she was every day of the week. Usually when she was woken up by tapping on her window it was for something trivial, like Willie Jack getting new spray paint or Cheese getting a new game. Not stealing a chip truck.

Her feet dragged across the concrete as she struggled to knot the bandana around her face. She wasn't even allowed coffee, just dragged out.

Her face scrunched up as Elora's hands moved erratically, like she was trying to sign something out. Bear nodded his head like he understood the weird hand language.

"Fuck you guys. Let's just go, then!" Willie Jack whispered out, getting frustrated the longer they waited.

"Yeah, I got shit to do today." Dolly whispered back, moving the bandana up and over her nose.

"Okay, let's go then." Bear muttered out, looking in between the uncomfortably close girls.

"Skoden."

The kids ran forward, jumping over railings and running up the ramp into the back of the truck with Willie Jack making her machine gun noises.

"Be quiet." Dolly huffed out in between breaths. The last thing she wanted was to be hauled into the police station and get in shit from her dad.

"Hurry up Cheese let's go!"

"Hurry up Cheese." The girls called out, trying to help him up into the truck while Elora ran to the front of the truck trying to get it started.

Her hands rested against the wall of the truck while she tried to catch her breath, god she need to run more.

"Ju-just leave the fucking ramp." She called out to Willie Jack, ignoring the shouting from the front of the truck.

"What the fuck."

Dolly jumped back as the girl went sliding into the truck, going straight for her legs. Her hands jutted out to the shelves on the sides, trying to hold herself up.

"What the fuck Will? Why'd ya do that?" She snapped at the girl.

She resisted the urge to kick the cute girl at the scoff she let out. "Whatever. You gonna help me up ma'?"

She leaned down and grasped the girls warm hand, pulling her up to her feet. She dropped the girls hand as quickly as she held it, not wanting anyone to get any ideas.

Her hands gripped onto the walls of the truck as she walked towards the seats.

"Left. Left." Bear called out, making her look out the windshield. Seeing that they were driving past where her dad and Big usually were on duty.

"No, this ways faster." Elora complained, not grasping why.

"But this way goes past Big."

"Shit."