The bet

Just a little plot bunny hopping around the Easternest.

Disclaimer: I do not own the charakters, they are J.K. Rowlings, - but I like to play with them. No money made.

The bet

„Wanna bet?!"  the obviously drunken woman asked challenging.

Her face was slightly red from warmth and alcohol, her hazel eyes shone bright with eagerness.

"Let's say, if you win I will grant you a boon, if I win, you will own me a favour." Her companion sitting opposite her offered.

His grey eyes gazing at her calculating.

"Alright!" the delicate woman nodded her head, then halted. Somewhere in her drunken state, her mind gave her a warning signal.

Her eyes narrowed into slits.

"Wait...what kind of favour?"

"Oh..." the blond man placated her amused. "Nothing indecent or shady." His eyes glinted mischievously. "You will just help a friend of mine..."

>Just help someone? She could do that. She loved to help.<

Ignoring the tiny voice in her brain, that there has to be a catch, she eagerly gave her consent, nodding her head vigourously, that her chestnut curls bounced.

"You're on!"

They sealed their bet with a handshake and magic recognized their contract.

"Bottoms up!"

The young woman did her best to swallow the whole litre of Butterbeer in one go.

She was hardly perceiving of the stiffling atmosphere of the pub and the raucous laughter of the other patrons.

"Good evening, Miss Granger." A smooth voice suddenly whispered in her ear "Ever so eager, are we?"

Startled about the sudden words, she choked on the liquid, coughed and snorted, before she finally put the glass down on the sticky table.

"Snape!" she gasped.

"You lost, Granger!" Her opponent shouted, with a triumphant grin.

"Damn you, Malfoy, that isn't fair!" Even her freckles got worked-up.

She was a cute little thing.

The young man shrugged his shoulders with a smirk in his face.

"All is fair in love and war, Granger."

The witch grumbled. The tall, all spruced up man stood up to leave.

"I'll see you next Friday. 10 a.m. at St. Catherine's in Wiltshire village."

Hermione stared in her half full glass, wondering what she had gotten herself into.

"And Granger..."

"Huh?" she raised her bushy head.

"Wear something nice."

"Duh." She glanced as if the answer lay on the bottom of her drink.

The older wizard, who helped to loose her bet, sat down in the vacated seat.

"You gamble with him?" He shook his head in disbelief and smirked. "Over a drinking game?"

"That's none of your business" she defended herself.

"What will you have to do?" Curious he leaned slightly forward.