⚘ school

"CHOI, AERI! Wake up!! Or else I'm going to splas-" Gyu was ready to threaten her but was cut short by the half-awake girl.

"Fine, I'm awake. Geez, you're so annoying." Aeri rolled her eyes as she got out of bed and pushed her brother out of her room.

She hurriedly gets into the showers and bathes herself. Not long after, she got out and dried herself. She applied skincare and little makeup to conceal her freckles, blemishes, and significant eyebags. She groaned as she finished her look by staring in the mirror from top to bottom.
Feeling insecure as usual, she hastily grabs her jacket and puts it on, snatching her keys on the way out.

"Aeri, where are you going dear?" Her mother inquired, looking perplexed as ever.

"Where else? I'm off to school, Mom." she replied as she took the milk out of the fridge to make herself some breakfast with cereal.

"Huh, school on a Sunday? " Suddenly, laughter could be heard from the kitchen counter. Both mom and Aeri exchanged confused looks, and Aeri began staring at her brother strangely until she realized what her mother had just said. She rushed to the kitchen counter to check her phone.

And there it was, boldly stated:'Sunday'.

Aeri turned and scowled at the still-laughing boy. She was going to sprint to him, but he predicted it and escaped away first. Aeri chased her brother around the house, cussing him out for pulling yet another prank on her. Her brother eventually gave up, and she used the chance to give him a hard slap on the back.

The mother at the kitchen counter could only laugh as she observed her son and daughter. This is practically the norm for the Choi family. Despite their frequent bickering, Aeri and Gyu still love each other dearly; yet, they will never show or say it openly.

Shortly later, the mother stopped them and asked them to come to the table. Both of them exchanged annoyed glances as one cooed his back and the other adjusted her uniform. They ultimately sat down at the table.

"We've got a new neighbour next door. I greeted her yesterday, and I'd like you to do the same. So I invited them over for dinner today." The mother said, eagerly, since it had been a long time since the next door was occupied. 

Both siblings sighed since this meant one thing. One of them has to go do the task and get groceries .

"Dibs not it!" Gyu shouted, earning an irritated side glance from Aeri.

"Fine, I'll go. Just text me the list, Mom." She sighed in frustration and slowly dragging herself out of the chair.

"I will. And by the way, the lady next door informed me that her son also attends your school. Who knows, you might know him? "

———————————————— ˚˖𓍢ִ໋🌷͙֒✧˚

I apologise if the starting is kinda slow and boring. I promise it will get better as the story progresses!