⚘ ride

" I'll pay for it. "

☾⋆⁺₊🎧✧

She recognised the voice. It was Riki's. She couldn't help but to look down, embarrassed yet relieved that Riki hadn't noticed her.

Aeri's POV

"Thank you." I bowed, keeping my head low, and quickly pressing on a button to release down the helmet's inner lens.

I waited eagerly for the cashier to pass me the receipt. I took the grocery bags and hurried to my bike. I immediately inserted the keys into my motor box and loaded the groceries in. I let out a great sigh of relief, relieved that Riki had no clue that it was me.

"Don't you think it's rude to not offer me anything after I paid for your stuffs?" I flinched. Since when has he been following me? My anxiety must have elevated since it decided to turn off my sense of awareness.

" Oh, you are right. How much was it? $3? Give me your bank account number, and I'll transfer you- "

" No. "

No??? What does he mean by 'no'? My eyebrow raised in confusion as to why he declined the offer. Despite the lens covering my eyes, he could see I was puzzled. He chuckled.

" Give me a ride back to my house. That's the only way I'll accept your compensation. Riki suggested.

" HUH????? " I was taken aback. I hesitated to reply but eventually came up with an excuse.

"I don't think so I can.... I don't have any extra helmets for you," I was just hoping he'd let me off the hook and take my prior offer. I mean, I wasn't lying, I really don't have any extra helmet for him.

But it did not work.

"So??? drive slowly I guess? Besides, my leg is getting tired right now, so a short ride back will not hurt. After all, I helped you pay for your groceries."

"Yeah by $3 only." I widened my eyes, not expecting to give such an answer. But, to be honest, it was getting pretty petty for me. It was only $3??? If he truly wanted it back, he should have accepted my offer.

"Well, that was unexpected, coming from you Aeri."

What.
[POV ENDED]

She looked at him, baffled. She was panicking.

" A-aeri? Who's that?" She lied. She was sweating profusely under the helmet, hoping that he would believe her lie.

He laughed, "Are you seriously trying to lie right now? You're literally wearing our school uniform with your name tag....attached." She stared at him puzzled, then slowly noticing her reflection in the side mirrors.

'Shit, he's right.' she cursed under her breath, mentally face palming herself. How could she have not notice she was still wearing her uniform? To make matters worse, it's on a Sunday. She eventually gave up and looked down, embarrassed.

"That's what I thought. Anyways, I don't take no for an answer." He smirked, and she cringed.

She groaned in defeat before finally agreeing,
"Fine. Where do you live?"

"Five blocks from here. I just moved."

———————————————— ˚˖𓍢ִ໋🌷͙֒✧˚