5.Monologue

The first thing you did after Arjun left was jump up and down your floor, scaring Biscuit.

You were smiling like an idiot but there was no one else to see.

To share the happiness you felt, your first instinct was to call the person who was responsible for this.

You sat in the middle of the bed, shaking your leg as you waited for the cupid on the other side of the phone to answer.

"Y/n, it's one in the morning," a sleepy voice said. It was 1 pm, by the way.

Her disapproving tone did nothing to stop you. "Arjun Tendulkar just came to my house."

"Congratulations, name your first child after me. Goodbye," she was about to hang up but stopped when you continued.

"Ira, he got my number," you added, not believing it yourself.

"So? That doesn't mean he's going to call you," she said while stretching on the other side.

"Well, I got his number too," you let your head fall back against the pillow.

"And do you have the guts to call him first?" She asked, yawning.

The excitement toned down a little and you made a face similar to the disappointed cricket fan meme. "Go back to sleep."

-

You stared at your phone once you were done with work and put your laptop in sleep mode.

It's only been a week yet you couldn't stop feeling like it had been ages.

"Do you think I should text him?" You asked Biscuit who was lying on the bed and got a small bark in response.

You got up from the swiveling chair and headed to the bed, taking him in your arms.

"But will he think that I'm a creep?" You asked again and he just stared at you with his tongue sticking out.

Sighing, you placed your son back on the mattress and grabbed your phone that was on the study table.

You unlocked your phone, searching through the contacts and clicking on the number you had saved as Arjun.

Staring at it for a few more seconds, you thought over it before sending him a text.

'Long hair suits you.'

Then you threw your phone on the bed and started pacing the room.

Biting your nails and randomly facepalming yourself once, you kept looking around your studio apartment, contemplating if you should delete the message before he sees it or not.

But your phone dinged with the notification sound and Biscuit who was near it barked again.

You jumped across the bed and quickly took your phone in your hand, fumbling as you unlocked it yet again and found a text from Arjun.

Arjun:

Thank you :)

And it suits you as well

You:

Really?

Arjun:

I swear

Have you done anything exciting lately?

You:

Did you just google that?

Arjun:

Caught red handed