10.No one else

They'll never know.

Arjun thought as he sneaked inside his parents' bedroom and opened the nightstand's draw.

There it was.

All he had to do was take a couple of packs, maybe more, before leaving.

It was a part of their night routine but they had too many and didn't keep count of the exact number.

So they'll never know that he stole two of the packs and came over to your place.

Well, they don't even know you, partially.

"Don't tell me you actually got Byakuya," you said even before the door was half open. "I have a cold and definitely can't eat ice cream right now."

Arjun, as he entered and kept the small paper bag aside, took out two shiny packets.

"Shut up," you smiled while he just looked at you adorably.

"Heard it's the best," he said while handing you the paper bag which also had a box of mini cupcakes in them.

Biscuit jumped on the bed before having his complete attention.

You were holding a knife in your hand, having been in the process of applying mixed fruit jam to bread which was going to be your breakfast.

"Sometimes I feel like I'm third wheeling," you said playfully as the duo sat on the bed, enjoying each other's company and forgetting all about you.

"You're always our favorite," he assured while you tasted the jam from the knife. "That's dangerous."

"Used to it," you replied and as for Arjun, all he could do was concentrate on how your lips touched the knife. "I won't use it for or on you. Don't worry."

And all you could concentrate on was the horrible taste. You checked the jar. It had expired long ago.

"Why do I have a hard time believing that?" Arjun asked and you punched his arm slightly. It's becoming a habit now.

In response, Biscuit barked at you.

"You're actually taking his side?" You looked at your son in disbelief. "How could you do this to me? I adopted you with my first salary."

He barked again before settling on Arjun's lap.

"Never mind," you mumbled to yourself before placing the jam knife on the counter that was your kitchen in the studio apartment. "What position should we choose?"

"The couch, or the bed," he suggested. "The latter is better. Wouldn't hurt our necks much."

"Let's get started then."

It had been twenty minutes after that when Ira knocked at your door.

She's been busy with editing another influencer's videos, and barely had time to spend with you until now.

As expected, she was greeted by you.

And you were seemingly sweating. That she did not expect.

"Why're you sweating so much?" She asked while stepping inside and noticed randomly that the bedsheets were ruffled.

"Arjun came over," you smiled. "He brought these."

"Oh," that's all she said while looking at the empty packets you held up. "Sheet masks."

"For couples," you added and Arjun walked out of the bathroom. "Peel-off though. So we had to wash the excess product off with cold water."

"Hey," he waved at Ira and she waved back, sitting on the couch.

She hated him.

Looking at Biscuit, who's now loving Arjun more too, she knew she hated him.

But most of all, she hated the fact that he had nothing to hate about him.

She wanted to, so badly.

Maybe she wanted to be happy for you finding someone.

A better half, perhaps.

Wanted to tell herself that she was alone, not dating anyone, and just as happy.

Yet all she felt was a pang of jealousy.

"Ju, here," she watched you bring a towel and wipe the side of Arjun's face.

Like déjà vu.

When there was no Arjun in your life. No one else.

"We were planning to make a sandwich," you told her. "I was trying that mixed fruit but it expired. I thought I just bought it."

"Don't complain," he replied. "Just concede it."

"Wait, your dad said that," you recalled. "In a video on MI's YouTube channel."

"While playing carrom," Arjun said as you messed up his hair.

"Jaanu, shall I help you with the vegetables?" Ira chipped in.

"Why're you behaving like a guest all of a sudden?" You looked at her weirdly before walking to the mini kitchen counter in the corner.

"Ira, what do you think about this movie?" Arjun started the conversation, showing her his phone. "Is it best to watch in the theater?"

"Or we could just do Netflix and chill," you answered loudly, your back facing them.

And that idiot was actually blushing.

Ira stared at him before looking at his phone.

"I heard the VFX is really good," she answered. "You should watch it in the theater."

"Right?" He asked and she nodded. "Y/n doesn't agree with me. She just wants to stay home and watch it."

"She's a homebody at times," Ira replied.

And just when you were about to say something, you absent-mindedly placed your thumb in the vegetable chopper before pressing it down.

"F-ck," you swore before taking your thumb out.

The duo turned to look at you standing there, bleeding and probably reciting every swear word known to humankind.

"What happened?" Arjun and Ira both asked and jumped up at the same time.

"Vegetable chopper," you said and the cut didn't hurt as much as how weird the half-broken nail felt.

And he panicked.

Ira's heart was beating just as loudly as his, worried for you.

She stood there, watching him get a fresh towel from your cupboard- he even knows where you keep the towels, she thought- and wiped the blood, patting at it gently.

And she just stood there.

She stared at you for a few more minutes before speaking abruptly.

"Y/n, I'm leaving," she spoke and you both looked at her. "I got some work to do."