3. Mr. Douchebag

Jonathan to the side or above.

"Come on, Chloë," I say and open the door to the backseat to let her in. "In you go."

She jumps into the car and I close the door, letting her lay down on the seats with her cozy blanket.

When I bought her I got that with her with the smell of her mom so that she could sleep at night, now it smells like me instead.

Whenever we're going for a road trip she'll bring it with her and sleep with it between her front paws in the backseat.

Joe and I load my bags into the trunk of my 190 Mercedes.

Yes I have an old car, because I can't afford a new one right now as long as I don't have a job.

When everything is loaded and ready, I hug Joe goodbye and get into the car.

Joe waves after me as I pull out of the parking lot and start on my way to my dad, which is a 2 hours drive from here.

"You ready to meet dad again, girl?" I ask and look at Chloë through the view mirror, her nose stuck out the open window and her tongue hanging out.

I have my Get Scared CD in and on a decent volume, so that I can hear if Chloë starts to whimper and if someone calls me.

Before I exit the big city I decide to drop by the store for some refreshments.

"I'll be right back," I kiss Chloë on the head before opening the window a little more for her, so that she doesn't get too warm.

I probably look like I just got out of bed in my black leggings, loose blue shirt and messy bun.

Maybe I should've worn this for my job interview, note the sarcasm.

The strange feeling of being watched creeps over me and I find myself looking behind me, seeing no one I turn back around and bump my cart into someone else's.

"I'm sorry!" I say and pull my cart back from the other person's.

"It's okay, miss Blake."

Oh fuck.

"I'm not even your employee and you're still calling me miss Blake?" I question and put my hand on my hip, looking up at him.

He's still in his business suit, maybe he just got out of work.

Looking just as good as he did during my interview.

"Well, I do call people who are bellow me for miss or Mr., of the reason that they most likely doesn't earn as much income as me."

Excuse me?

Did I just hear him right?

Is he picking on the ones with a job that's bellow him? Just because he's a CEO does not mean he can be a douche about it.

I raise my eyebrows at him and give him a nasty look.

"What about Merle?"

"Who?"

Is this guy for real?

"Your receptionist, the cute old lady," I say and sigh heavily. "Wow, you have your head so far up your ass you don't even know your own employees."

Now it's his turn to raise his eyebrows at me and give me the nasty look.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, Mr. Hall," I say sweetly and move my cart to pass him.

He moves his cart to block mine and I glare up at him.

This bastard isn't letting me pass.

"Are you insulting the boss of the company you just had an interview at?" he smirks amused and tilts his head to the side.