ch𝙖𝐩𝘁𝙚𝙧 2

ARC 1 - NEW WORLD, NEW RULES

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 - 𝟐

Another day in the world of Quirks, and Spider-Man swings around the city between tall buildings. Yesterday has been quite eventful. After publicly, and unintentionally humiliating the powered trio, he kind of painted a target on his own back. Now, other super-powered people, and the police are on high alert to try and catch him. Although, ever the good Samaritan, that didn't stop him from helping people. One time, he caught a powered purse snatcher. He left him hanging on a street light, returned the stolen item, and left before the victim got to thank him. Next, he rescued a kitten from high up in the tree and returned it to the kid watching him. Then, at around dusk, he successfully stopped a car with a broken brake from crashing into some pedestrians. Every good deed he's done, big and small, have increased his reputation and caught the admiration of the people.

However, that didn't change the situation he's in. He has no place to call home, so he picked an abandoned building in a small neighborhood. As for food, he managed to get some thanks to the money he reluctantly received from the purse-snatching victim, and the driver whose car he stopped. Even though he was reluctant to take them, they sure came in handy when he was hungry. But he needs to be mindful about how much he spends, since he can't expect the people he will save the next day would be as generous as the ones he saved.

Regarding the concern of gathering information, his high-tech wrist gadget, the Webware, was able to catch this world or this country's radio frequencies. Now, he can learn more about this new world, and keep tabs on any possible criminal activity on the police radios frequencies. So far, he's managing to survive somehow, but time will tell how long he can last, staying in the shadows, and being on the run.

Snapping out of his head, he notices a commotion, and decides to check it out. He lands on the roof of a building and looks down at the crime in progress taking place in a bank. Using the lenses of his high-tech suit, he sees that a bank has been infiltrated by robbers. Lots of them. Some of them are carrying bags full of cash, and keeping watch on the hostages. Meanwhile, outside the bank, the cops along with a few heroes have the building surrounded. He notices an armored car arriving, thinking the captain might be in there. Sending a silent Spider-Drone, he tries to gather information about the villain's demands through their conversation.

The police captain exits the vehicle, and walks to his fellow cops and heroes, who are all waiting for the right course of action.

"What's the situation?" the captain asks.

"We're looking at 25 hostiles, and a group of 20 hostages in total. Based on our spotter, there are only three of them with Quirks. One can generate electricity, another can turn his arms into blades, and their leader has extremely powerful arms. With the hostages in there, we have no means to just walk in there without anyone noticing."

"Did they make any demands?"

"No. They're just holding their ground in there."

After hearing the situation from one of the police, they start brainstorming for options. Thanks to the drone, Spider-Man understands what he needs to do. While the villains are busy with the ground forces, they did not consider that someone could sneak inside from above. He's more than willing to go and say he can help, but then, what's to stop them from trying to catch him when the robbers are restrained. Without drawing any attention, Spider-Man zips to the roof to get a better view of the inside of the bank.