[51] Promises To Keep

"You become very dangerous once you learn to control your feelings."

*****

Two Weeks Ago,

[The day when Paris met Heer]

Paris and Heer sat inside her cafe as it was afternoon and the other helpers handled the customers.

Heer's face was distressed at why Paris wanted to Marry him. He loved her since childhood but only as a best friend nothing more beyond that. He couldn't think even in dreams to love and marry Her.

"Pery Do you even realize what are you asking me to do?"

Heer placed his elbow on the wooden table staring at her face. His face filled with worries and his brows shrunk.

Paris was looking away with a grieved expression smiling and spoke,  "I do Heer. I do have every knowledge that I'm asking my best friend. Isn't that what friends are for?"

Heer scowled.
"You are mad Pery. Friends are for help in need not to marry when needed and first of all. Tell me one reason why should I marry you?" He asked in a no-nonsense tone.

Paris sniffed her nose seeing his face
"My mother. Lily Hilton, who served as your home tutor and caretaker till the last breath she died. She asked you to take care of me, didn't she?"

Heer realized the depth of the words, she was indeed correct. When Lily was on her last breath she could trust only Heer for Paris no one else. She asked him to take care of Paris no matter what.

Paris and Heer were of the same age and so did their career interests She was more than a best friend to him.

But not in the sense of what he desired.
He desired Ms. Maheshwari for now.
And he couldn't tell Paris about her because earlier then He never proposed to Sanjana and he didn't know if she felt the same for him.

Heer touched her palm which was kept on the table as Paris looked away for his denial.

"Pery. I just want to say. As you told me. You broke up with your boyfriend. What's the problem with him? Is he the bad guy? I'll talk to him if that's the case. Atleast tell me the sudden reason. You can't force me to marry you when you know I don't really love you in that sense. I can never love you like what a husband does to a wife Pery try to understand. "

She removed his palm and said.
"I don't want you to love me like that either Heer. I just want you to marry to show him that I've moved on and he should move on too. I don't want to be with him at the same I don't want him to suffer alone and wait for me. If he sees I married someone he'll eventually move on."

He couldn't decipher what she wanted.
"Then why wouldn't you tell this to him? Tell him you don't love him and ask him to move on." Heer said simply like it was a cakewalk.

Paris could only smile and laugh.
"No. Heer. It's not an easy task it's impossible. He loves me to the extent that he'll wait for me his whole life and not even look for another girl. He loves me like no one else. His love is forever in my soul. I will never forget him, never."

"Then why are you doing this to him Pery please don't break his heart. Love him back. You know he'll be heartbroken, will hate you for ditching him, and marry me."

She could only chuckle while choking on her voice, "That's what I want Heer. I want him to hate me, Forget me, and move on in his life. I won't disturb you either. After marrying me you can live your life the way you want, I won't interfere. I'm leaving for Philadelphia for some time and might return after two weeks. And then I'll Continue with my work and you with yours. You don't have to stress that I'm an obligation to you."