[67] Departures. Heartbreaks.

"It's strange. I felt less lonely when I didn't know you."

Jean-Paul Sartre
.
.
.
.
.
.

Heer and Paris were in the cafe.
Heer could not understand whatever was going on with his life. His heart was in an extreme dilemma. He did not have the confidence to talk to her.

On one side he couldn't share with anyone about his and Sanjana's relationship without her permission and secondly, he expected the good for Paris and her lover.

Paris showed him the official marriage papers on which she asked him to sign.

"I just want to show him these papers and I'm sure he'll believe these and move on in his life..."
Heer sighed opening the cap of the pen and looking down to sign below his name.

"You're doing wrong Pery."
Heer said while signing the papers.

Paris sniffed her nose taking the file and keeping it in her bag.
"I don't think so, Heer. I'm doing all this for his wellbeing. And don't worry....you're free from my responsibility now..."

She chuckled a bit and Heer became serious. Her face and extremely deteriorating health were making him wonder.

"Pery...you're hiding something....from me...from him....tell me..."
Paris smiled through her curved lips and pressed his palm.

"No Heer."

Heer negatively shook his head.
"You're so bad Pery...tell me is it a worse condition? I can see your dull face."

Paris shook her head in no.
"No Heer. I'm all fine. Was just in California so the heat there got me allergic nothing more to worry about."

Heer twitched his lips not believing her excuse. He recalled the previous day's scandal outside the Cafe. Paris and her boyfriend's kiss. He remembered the talk he had with Sanjana after that. She suggested him to ask Paris to marry the person she loves not Heer because he's her childhood friend.

"Pery...I think... you should marry your boyfriend. I don't know him by face or name but I must say he loves you Pery...."

Paris gasped in confusion.

Before her Heer spoke.
"—I am not saying I can't help you...but I saw yesterday...you and your boyfriend at the cafe. I think whatever is the reason. You should tell him and solve the matter. Don't hurt him. There's no bigger agony than breaking someone's heart Pery...don't hurt him to the extent that he becomes broken... don't show him these papers ...God I'm so stupid to sign these....damn..."

He moved a hand in his dark brown thick, slightly curly hair.

Paris smiled apologetically.
"Heer...you are saying this because I'm in dilemma or you—?"

Heer twinkled his eyes as if he were caught.
"Wh—What'd you mean?"

Paris nods a bit.
"—Your girlfriend is upset with you because you're marrying me-? Ahhann. No lies Heer..."
She stopped him from saying further.

"It's alright Heer. I shouldn't trouble you any further. I will handle whatever is my problem. But please make sure you pamper your girlfriend and make her believe you only love her...tell her about us...that I asked you... we don't love each other. And that you helped me and nothing more. You don't have any fault. Tell her...okay...is your problem solved now—?"

Paris gave him a warm smile pressing his palm.

Heer denied his head.
"That's not the case Pery..."

"Heer no. You've done enough for me. It's time to think about yourself. You have the opportunity. Go...and tell her...you won't get this again.."

She pressed him to go and Heer left the place.