15

♧

"Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done; on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil. for thy is our kingdom; the power and the glory. For ever and ever, Amen" Yoongi utters the Lord's prayer, kneeling before his bed with his hands intertwined together, praying as the early morning sunlight illuminates the Black Lake water from outside his window.

Jimin was in the shower at this moment, so it gave Yoongi ample time to ask God to make this day special. "Dear God. Today is my Father's birthday. I pray he does not feel all too lonely without me, and have a blessed day. I pray he eats well, stays healthy, keeps himself out of danger, and I pray he enjoys his birthday..."

Yoongi does not notice that the running of the shower water has stopped, and Jimin emerged from the bathroom with a towel wrapped around him. Jimin was surprised at the sight. He knew his friend woke up before him, but he never saw this sight. He quietly tiptoes to his closet and takes his school uniform from within, beginning to dress himself for the day.

"...Amen" Yoongi concludes, opening his eyes and kissing his hands.

"All prayers for your father" Jimin speaks, startling Yoongi for a bit. "None for your mother?"

Yoongi stands up shyly and sits on the end of his bed. He was a bit embarrassed that Jimin caught him. "Why ask God anything for mother?" Yoongi clicks his tongue together, smiling softly.

Jimin looks to Yoongi with furrowed brows, confusion and a hint of sadness written on his expression. "What do you mean by that?"

Yoongi then looks to Jimin with a somber expression, clasping his hands together. "She's with him" he says, making Jimin look at Yoongi with regret for asking such a sensitive question. "So whatever she wants, she can ask for it herself."

Yoongi never mentioned to any of his friends that his mother is deceased. It never really came up in a conversation either. He always spoke about his father to them, but they all assumed that Yoongi had a more deeper connection with his father.

"Yoongi, I did not mean to‐"

But Yoongi waves him off with a smile. "It is fine, Jimin. You did not know."

Jimin still felt sadness overcome him as he adjusts the remaining item of his school uniform. Both of them had a free period before their Transfiguration lesson, and breakfast started in another forty minutes, but Jimin decided to dress earlier instead of rushing last minute.

"Do you want to speak about it, maybe?" Jimin asks cautiously, taking a seat at the edge of his bed, facing Yoongi who had a somber expression on his face.

Yoongi's left eye twitched ever so slightly, remembering an incident that happened last year, just before him and his father moved from South Korea to Britain. "I'd rather not" Yoongi says softly. The topic of his mother was always a sensitive one, and he knew that one day he would open up about it to his friend, but now was not the time.