FATIMA

Today is Saturday and after yesterday’s stunt, I needed time out with my girl and because it was something secretive, I could only invite Mar. We are at the Western Union Hotel restaurant for brunch and I am giving her the ultimatum gist.

“You say what?” Mar’s eyes shoot from her sockets
Shh! Keep it down.” Two tables over, a pair of heads turn and I give them a thin smile. “I didn't know he would be there.”

“Oh so you mean to tell me that the best sex you have ever had and the CEO of Innovex who is requesting marriage is the Zachary Luther Taylor who you saw fucking last night,”  I cringe. Like why does she have to say it like that?

“...Yes.”

“Ohh Child that is some tea right there. No wonder there was so much tension between y’all last night.”

“I know,” I took a large gulp from my coffee.

“So Zac owns Innovex now? Wow. That is why there is no information about him anywhere.” her expression softens.

“I know. Do you think I should do it? Look I know the Wilsons have nothing to be scared about but this kind of connection would take us to another level. And I get to know more about legal business transactions in Europe,” I sigh.

The corners of her lips raise, “And have mind-blowing sex.”

“Mar,”

“Woah, wait,” She pumps her hands up, palms facing me, “There is nothing wrong with a little business and pleasure mixing especially with your supposed husband. Just saying. Especially with someone as good as you said he was.”

“It's not happening again. Even if we decide to get married.”

“Oh, it so is.”

“Never.”

“You poor, poor girl.”

“No. He is just some pretty guy in a suit who probably had to work for nothing and was handed everything on a platter of gold. Not interested. Being there, done that. Remember. Isn't that what high society does for their children? Just glad we weren't raised that way.”

“Most of the yeah but I don't think of Zac that way. Merely looking at him, you would know. I have a good feeling about him though. So do you think you are going for it?”

Thinking about it now, I should go for it on my terms though. What do I have to lose, nothing. He is good enough for eye candy and arm candy.

“I will. Just have to talk to the parents about it. I'm meeting up with them tomorrow. You should come.” I answered.

“Hell has to freeze over before I miss it. That is a good one. Anyway, the devil is coming over.”

“What?” I turned around and I saw Zac coming across to our table.

What the hell? Is this nigga stalking me?

“Yeah. I will just go grab a drink by the bar while you sort that out.” She stood up and left.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I slid further down on my chair, grabbed the menu, and covered my face with it. Childish. I know.

I heard footsteps nearing me towards my left side. I don't breathe. I don't make a sound.

“Fatima,” a sultry voice, that does not belong to Zac, purrs.

Waves of shivers run up my spine, but I suffer through them.

Okay. Act normal.

I flip to the next page.