ZAC

I woke up very early and was happy because I had a dream that Fatima professed her love to me. I had to go to work early because I had a very early appointment. I wanted to wake Fatima but she looked so peaceful so I let her sleep but not before ordering her favorite flowers and writing a love letter. By the time I got downstairs, I saw Dee watching her reruns.

“Uncle Zac, good morning,” she hugged me. I can't wait to have my own daughter. Well, that depends on whether Fatima wants children.

“What's up stink? Slept well?” I winked at her knowing how she played yesterday.

“Yeah. Thanks for allowing me to sleep in your bed. I want to ask you for something anyway.”

“I didn't allow you to, but go ahead.”

“My friend needs your help. Her dad maltreats her and she doesn't want to stay there anymore but if I tell any of the Wilsons a lot of people are going to die. But I have evidence though. She gave me this flash drive and I know you can help her. Her name is Isabel Daniels.” She sighed and handed the flash drive to me.

If any Daniels could afford to go to Dee's school it has to be the Daniels.

“Alright D, I'm late but I will look into it, alright?” I smiled at her.

“Yes Uncle, thank you very much. One more thing, Aunty Tima loves you. She told Aunties Danni and Mar yesterday while you were in the fitting room and she said while you were asleep yesterday,” she squealed.

“What?” So it wasn't a dream.

“Yeah. Go on about your day and bring cupcakes when you are coming,” she replied and continued with her movie. That was really something. Why can't she say it to my face? Something is going on. When I stepped outside, Bryce was waiting for me outside to drive me to work.

“Good morning boss,” he greeted me while Steve walked up to me.

“Morning man. I ordered flowers for the boss, I hope she gets it before she heads to work. I need to talk to you about something though but that would be when I'm back from work,” I said to him as I opened the back door of the car.

“No problem man. Have a nice day.” He waved me off. Bryce started the car and we started the journey and I got a message from Fatima, “Call me when you get this, it is urgent.” Hmm, that means she is awake, so I called her immediately. After a few rings, she picked up,

“Hey babe, good morning,” she whispered.

*Good morning sunshine. If you were still feeling sleepy why not wait until you were clear-headed before you sent me a message? Can't miss me that much. I just left the house.” I joked and she laughed.

“Boy, please. Anyway, it is urgent. I was supposed to talk to you about it yesterday but I didn't want to ruin your night and I didn't know you would be leaving very early this morning,” she replied and I could hear water running in the bathroom.

“Alright. What is it about?”

“You remember Karen coming to my office on Monday, I don't know if I told you but Andi figured that her phone and apartment had been bugged so she has been staying at my penthouse since then. I feel like Karen and Hayden are working together so I sent a message to Andi's new phone telling her to act like she is in support of me playing you. So while I was making dinner, we made a phone call on her supposed bugged phone with me saying I was playing you,” she continued, “Dee, get in here.” She screamed at the other end of the phone.

“Why are you screaming babe,” I asked.

“I'm trying to call Dee to come take a shower. We have to prepare for work. Anyway did you even listen to what I said or are you looking after your ever-precious Dee?” She asked and I knew she rolled her eyes.