wyatt

Jax's pov.
September 20th 2024.

    It's been a week and you know what that means. Another party.

Apparently last week Kayden gave my number out to one of his friends, Wyatt. Which I didn't really mind since i've been single for a while and expressed to Kayden I feel lonely.

He texted me Monday and since then we've had some pretty good constant conversations. Nothing too personal, just some light hearted joking, and getting to know each other. He told me he'd be at the party tonight so naturally I put on a cute outfit and did my hair.

    Little black shorts with a baggy white sweater that has a star on it. Fishnets that barely fit me, and big combat boots.

I looked in the mirror and tried to straighten my hair over and over but it remained wavy. Ive always cut it myself and maybe this time I went a bit too short..

Weirdly enough I wasn't nervous. Ever since I dated Mason last year, my only goal was to get over him. I've tried putting myself out there but it's hard when my self confidence has never been great. My parents made sure I would never be too full of myself by constantly putting me down. I feel like it's made making friends and dating really hard for me.

It's not that I enjoy rebounding, I just can't handle sitting alone in my room thinking about everything that happened with Mason. He really hurt me.

Plus you can't call it rebounding when the breakup was 10 months ago.

There was a knock at my door and I opened it to see Wyatt. He's tall with a muscular build wearing a wife beater and corduroy baggy pants. This guy definitely loves the gym. His curly brown hair and tan skin looked great with the colors of his outfit. I've never seen him around somehow but I did stalk his instagram. Didn't think it was possible but he's even more attractive in person.

I tried to make a good first impression, "You look nice." I smiled.

"As do you." He said and grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers. He led me to the kitchen and of course asked me if I wanted a drink. I politely declined.

There was a really weird silence between us already. It wasn't like listening to music in the car silence. It was just plain awkward.

I tried to fix it since he wasn't saying anything or looking at me, "Thanks for coming! Talking to you has been fun."

"Mhm." He mumbled still looking around.

Awesome.

He seems real interested... I sighed and sat on the counter so we were face to face.

    I was taken aback a little when he got in between my legs and held my waist, looking me up and down, "You're so small."

I tried to not roll my eyes.

    "Thanks?" I was planning to move the conversation elsewhere, but before I could he leaned in and started kissing me. This was really not what I planned, but I tried to go along with it because I just wanted him to like me.

   I've only kissed a few people. Kayden once in middle school, Kain while playing spin the bottle, and Mason.

I have to admit kissing Wyatt was definitely more enjoyable than kissing Mason. He actually seemed to know what to do.

    He held my waist tighter with one hand and the other trailed to my belt. I was so in my head I barely realized when he started undoing it.

     Hell no. I pushed him off lightly and moved his hands away, "Do you wanna dance? I love this song." I couldn't even tell you what song was playing I just desperately needed an escape route. I'm not about to have my first time with this guy I barely know in my kitchen. Gross.