S.O.S.

He had gone to a cafe to work and enjoy a good coffee. It was the only thing he wanted to do that day.
    Jake was already stressed enough in his life without having to notice bad vibes in the place. Something that had never happened to him. It was like he noticed someone complaining in his head and it wasn't even him.
    He turned slightly in the direction that sensation bothered him. He had to hold back his laughter at the sight.

It was a group of four people, two boys and two girls. A double date? The young woman with black hair was talking to one of the boys, while the young blonde girl seemed to listen to the other boy without much encouragement. But the funny thing was what the young blonde was doing. She moved the index finger of her left hand in a repetitive motion: S.O.S.
    Jake covered his mouth to prevent a small laugh. The young woman was clearly sending signals to her friend and she was not noticing her. The signals had even been diverted towards him.

   He couldn't help but notice her. He could tell that she was bored on that double date. And even more so with that forced smile.

   <<Maybe I should help her somehow.>>

    He grabbed a couple of napkins, making a ball of paper. He had to make her friend notice her.
    He threw it perfectly, hitting the hand of the young woman with black hair.
    She turned in the direction she had been sent from, fixating on Jake.
    The young man pointed his head at his friend's hand, moving his finger, and the girl laughed.
    They talked a little, getting up from their chairs.

    Jake gave a small laugh, turning back to the computer. It wasn't two minutes later that he saw a napkin fall on top of the computer along with a phone number.

   “Lian! Stop!” he heard a female voice say as they walked away.

  “What? He is handsome and he helped you.”

    The young man's cheeks burned, watching them leave. The blonde girl seemed to leave quickly because of her embarrassment, while the brunette girl followed her, laughing.
    At that moment, a redhead with short hair entered the cafeteria, at a fast pace.

   "I've been calling you! Why don't you answer your cell phone?” She asked sitting in front of him, placing the bag on the chair. “Water, please,” she quickly asked a waiter.

   "I have it off, I needed to concentrate on work," Jake answered, with a sigh. “You worry too much, Katherine—”

   “And that?” Katherine frowned, looking at the napkin.

   "Oh, it is nothing, just a girl's joke," he answered in an innocent way. He hadn't even accepted it or saved it on his phone.

    As soon as the glass was brought, and the young woman wanted to take it, she poured the contents on the table, almost getting the computer wet.

   “How clumsy I am!” She used the napkin with the number on it to dry it, in her mind he hoped that Jake hadn't memorized the number “Is the computer okay?”

    Jake looked nervously at the object. Passing his hand as he wished it hadn't gotten wet. He was relieved when he saw that it was in perfect condition.

   "Yes, is fine," he said with a sigh.

   "Well, to what I came to tell you," she placed her hands under her chin. “There's a party at my mom's country club and she invited us, So you have to urgently look for elegant clothes, because you don't want me to go alone, right?"

   “When have I failed you?” the young man asked with a smile.

   “True, you've never done it, that's why you're the best boyfriend.”

    He laughed. Clearly faked.
    Another party where he wouldn’t feel like himself. Where he pretended to be on the same level as all of them, when he had to work hard to get where he was and Katherine seemed to have been displaying him like a trophy for two years.

    It really wasn't how he thought in the end. He clearly had fallen in love with the beauty. He supposed that's what happens when you're young and the first person you catch the attention of already seems like the most perfect being in the world.

    <<I wonder if I make an S.O.S signal now? Would anyone notice?>>