Safety net

Emily Scott, sister of legendary lionesses Jill Scott, has died at the age of 21. Wife Amelia Scott-Higgins in intensive care.
Police have confirmed that Emily Scott was murdered in her family home over the weekend, her wife, Matilda's star Amelia Scott-Higgins is in intensive care after sustaining life threatening injuries.

Waking up in a hospital bed, wrapped in bandages and in heaps of pain was not exactly how I expected my day to go but here we are. I don't remember much. I remember going home after training, I stopped to get dinner, chicken carbonara and garlic bread from our favourite Italian restaurant and then flowers from the corner stand that Emily was obsessed with. I was already late so who cares if I was a little extra late.

I remember the front gate being open, which is never normally the case, I remember the front door being unlocked but closed, again not normal but sometimes Em is in a rush when she gets home. As I took my shoes and coat off and wandered down the hallway, I didn't notice the guy standing behind the door, or the guy on the couch, or Emily in the back room tied to a chair. I didn't notice any of it. The only thing I noticed before it went black was the two wine glasses, one tipped over and smashed, the other full.

Chelsea FC superstar, Amelia Scott-Higgins has QUIT mid season.
CLICK TO READ MORE....

Where is football superstar Amelia Scott-Higgins?

Moving to Barcelona was the best thing I could've done. No one knows me,no one knows what happened or who Emily was. I am invisible. As soon as I could, I quit, left England, deleted all my social media and changed my number.

The rehab was incredibly hard. That's to be expected considering I have multiple stab wounds to my stomach, my leg cut up, bruises covering every part of my body. I was still me though. Maybe not on the surface but deep down I was. I missed Emily everyday, I missed our life together, I miss the little things.

My apartment was empty. Nothing on the walls, plain furniture, it looked more like a show house than something someone would actually lived in. It didn't bother me, it made my brain have to work less. All I did was rehab, surf and doom scroll. I came across the Manuelas instagram page, a gay bar in Barcelona. From what I've heard it's incredibly popular but I've never been. They had a shirt available, "lesbian services", after inquiring they allowed for me to pick it up.

I was meeting someone called Olga, slightly worried as I had no idea who she was, I let it play out.

"Hola! Are you Amelia?"

"Hola, yes I am."

"Perfect! I'm Olga! Let me take you inside and you can get whatever you want. They said you've paid so you can get anything."

Stickers, hats, shirts, they had it all. I grabbed one of everything and then had a chat with Olga.

"You're not around here are you? Your Catalan and Spanish is good but the accent is a bit weird."

"Oh nah. I'm Australian. Lived in London for a few years but I'm here now."

"Oh wow! How long have you lived here?"

"3 years now. It's beautiful. I don't get out much but I'm trying to get out more."

"What do you do for work? If you don't mind me asking?"

"Uh um, I used to play -"

"Amelia? Is that you?" Keira Walsh and Lucy Bronze. Right in front of me. I haven't seen them for 3 years, purposely ignoring all of them and essentially falling off the face of the earth.

"It is! Amelia! What are you doing here? Give me a hug!"

"Hey guys. Long time so see." This is not what I wanted. More and more people started surrounding us.

"Holy shit. That's Amelia Scott-Higgins! She's been MIA for so long. I miss watching her" the short one with dimples tried to whisper, it didn't work.

"Dude she used to be so good. What happened?" Her taller companion asked next.

"That's enough you two. She has ears and can hear you idiots." Alexia Putellas. 2 time Ballon d'or and 2 time pain in my ass. "Hola Amelia. How are you?"

"Fine thanks Alexia. And you?"

"How do you all know each other? I am very confused here." Olga spoke up.

"Mil used to play for-" Alexia started to say

"We are old friends!" This is why I don't leave my house.

"I need to go. I have things to do. Olga thank you so much for all this. If I owe any money let me know. Alexia, girls, it was nice to see you. Good luck this season." Turning as quickly as I could to escape.

"Milly, wait."

"Kei, don't. I'm fine. Everything is fine."

"Please can I have your number or something? It's been 3 years and you disappeared."

"Give me your phone and I'll put it in. I'm not good at replying. Bye Kei."

3 years since I stepped foot in England, 3 years since I buried my wife. 3 years since I'd spoken to my friends. 4 years since Emily died. 4 years since I played football, 4 years since I felt normal.

————————————————————————