It's getting better.

TW: slight talk of rape, violence.

•—————————————————————————•

The days resumed as normal. Leah stayed for a few days, making sure I was okay. Keira was there everyday, Claudia and Patri would come for a few hours too, but the one person that I wanted to have there, stopped talking to me. After a week, I was fed up.

It was on a Tuesday, after coffee with Alba, that I truly lost it. Almost 10 days had passed and no matter how many times I rang or texted, Alexia wouldn't answer.

"Why is your sister such a pain in my ass?" I huffed as I sat down.

"Well good morning to you gorgeous. Here's your coffee." She slid over a steaming cup, "what did she do this time?"

"More like what she didn't do."

"Okay I'll bite. Continue."

"I told her I loved her too, she stayed the night and then we had a moment at the beach. I thought something was going to happen, and now she won't even talk to me. At training, in the locker room, hell even at the game she barely spoke to me or came near me. I just don't know what to do anymore."

"Hold on! You love her?" Alba was shocked.

"Yes Alba. Catch up please."

"Jesus Christ. Okay, I'm supposed to go over for dinner tonight. You will go instead."

"That's a horrible plan."

"What's the worse she's going to do? Close the door in your face? She's not that rude."

Begrudgingly I agreed. The only other plan I had was to corner her in the locker room, or hide in her car. Both seemed a little excessive. All I had to do is get through the next 5 hours of training with her.

It was painful and seemed to drag on and on. My usual options for partners already partnered up with someone else. Claudia with Patri, Keira with Aitana, Lucy with Ona. I even asked the young girls who all gave me sympathetic smiles. There was one person left, the one person who has been working hard to ignore me.

Alexia and I didn't talk. Just did the drills as told. The tension was palpable, I just wanted to scream at her, to make her talk to me. Is this how she has felt for all those years?

"What's up with you and capi?" Claudia pulled me aside right as training finished.

"Nothing Clau." She gave me a look to say 'I know you're lying', "okay I don't know? I told her I loved her back and things have been weird since."

"You should talk to her."

"Wow thanks Claudia! I never thought of that." It came out a lot harsher than I anticipated. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be a bitch."

"It's fine. Whatever you need, I got your back. Always." With a quick hug she was gone.

By the time I was home, showered and quickly tidied up it was time to go. I had a stop to make before going to Alexias, as I hated turning up empty handed. Alba was waiting outside when I arrived.

"Stand over there so she can't see you on the intercom. Once she buzzes in, go into the elevator, to the 16th floor. It's apartment 1604, just knock on the door and force your way in."

"Sounds like a horrible idea. Why did I agree to this."

"Just do what I said and it'll all work out." Alba sighed. Her plan worked. Alexia buzzed her up straight away.