The OS - Episode 16

The air hung heavy with tension as Malik Zubair, a notorious figure known for his ruthlessness, stood before Meerab, his captive. She was bound to a sturdy wooden pole, her wrists tightly secured with coarse ropes that chafed against her skin. Her eyes glinted with defiance despite the fear that lurked within them, a testament to her unwavering spirit even in the face of danger.

He paced around Meerab like a predator stalking its prey, his eyes alight with malice as he savoured the power he held over her. His lips curled into a sinister smile as he spoke, his voice dripping with venomous intent. "Murtasim's wife, hmh?" he taunted, relishing in the fear that flickered across Meerab's features. "He's lucky, I must say," Malik added, his tone mocking and filled with contempt as he scanned her top to bottom.

Meerab gritted her teeth, her jaw clenched in defiance as she refused to let his words break her spirit. Murtasim had warned her not to go to the other side of the fields, but she didn’t listen properly.

She could sense his panic even if he was not in sight. He always had been vigilent about her. Us se toh 2minute ki doori nahi bardasht hoti thi toh ab toh who janta hi nhi tha ke Meerab kahan hai

As Malik continued to circle around her, his steps echoing ominously in the dimly lit room, Meerab's mind raced with thoughts of escape. She scanned her surroundings, searching for any opportunity to break free from her bonds and confront her captor. But the ropes held firm, a constant reminder of her precarious situation. Suddenly, Malik stopped in front of Meerab, his face inches away from hers as he leered at her with cold eyes. "Your husband shouldn’t have challenged me” he sneered, “Jazbati hai bohat- Usne kaha tha ke AJ KE BAAD AGAR MERI ZAMEEN YA MERE KISI BANDE KI TERAF AANK UTHA KER BHI DEKHA THA MERI MAA KI KASAM USI ZAMEEN MEIN GAARH DEGA MERI YE  ANKH” his breath hot against her skin. "He will learn the consequences of crossing me, Khanum ji."

With a swift motion, Malik drew a wicked-looking knife from his belt, its blade glinting in the dim light. Meerab's heart raced with fear, but she refused to show any sign of weakness. She met Malik's gaze with steely determination, her resolve unbroken despite the looming threat of violence.

"You may have me tied up now," Meerab spoke with a defiant edge in her voice, "but you will never get to Murtasim. I am not my husband’s weakness, and no amount of cruelty or harshness can make me his weakness."

Malik's expression darkened at her words, his grip tightening on the knife as he contemplated his next move. He was accustomed to breaking his enemies, to instilling fear and submission in those who dared to defy him. But Meerab's resilience challenged him in ways he hadn't anticipated.

“Na mein tumse darti hun na hi marne se! Murtasim ko pata chal gya toh tum mein se koi bhi nahi bachega- Yaad rakhna” Meerab said with a pride. For a tense moment, silence hung in the air, broken only by the faint sound of Meerab's steady breathing. Then, with a menacing glint in his eyes, Malik raised the knife, ready to strike.

Malik’s hand went up near her cheek, and Meerab turned her face, “Dur hato” She snapped

“Khanum ap ghussa kyun horhi hain, abhi toh meine kuch bhi nahi kiya hai” Zubair traced his knife over her neck and Meerab gulped.

But before he could make a move, the sound of approaching footsteps echoed through the room, signalling the arrival of unexpected visitors.

The door burst open, and Murtasim, accompanied by a group of loyal rebels, stormed into the room. The sight of her husband filled Meerab with a surge of hope and determination. Malik, caught off guard by their sudden entrance, instinctively reached for his weapon—a sleek handgun holstered at his side. Without hesitation, he raised the gun and fired a shot aimed directly at Meerab, who stood beside him all tied brutally, clad in a vibrant yellow frock that seemed to glow even in the dimly lit room.