Braces

March 17th, or it was the 18th, Sunday, or Monday? I don't know but either way, it was around midnight when I woke up needing to pee.

     I got up and went to the bathroom and peed. I immediately needed to spit, even though I had nothing in my mouth, I didn't brush my teeth, and I never ate or drank, but I went to the sink and spat.

     Blood.

     There was a pool of thin blood.

     I checked my mouth when I saw braces. I never had braces before but I didn't question it, as I've always needed them so I was a little excited to finally have straight teeth. One of my front teeth almost grew back in completely sideways. But the wires were inside my gums, I couldn't even see the brackets, but it was white where they were. There were a few books and wires above my teeth here and there but still didn't question it. I just wanted straight teeth. I just go back to bed.

     The next night, I wake up again, having to pee, so I go to the bathroom and pee and need to spit again. I spit more blood than the night before, I checked my teeth but my bottom teeth somehow got worse than they were before and they were bloody. I did just spit out a ton of blood. Some were coming out of my gums and the wire started to break.

     This would go on for the next few nights. I would spit out even more blood and my teeth would get worse each night. Only my bottom teeth though, the top teeth didn't budge. More teeth would appear, more would get crooked, and the old teeth would be bloody but the new teeth would be pearl white.

     I didn't understand but I still didn't question it like I should have.

     Until the last night, it was Friday or Saturday, but I spit out so much blood and at this point, I had a whole second set of bottom teeth. In the back of my mouth. My tongue wasn't present but I was too focused on the third set of teeth to care that much.

     The new set was pearl white and seemed to be all over the place if not with the rest in the back. The old teeth shifted so far to the side, that it almost hurt my cheek. They were bloody, crooked, all over the place, and a few missing.