Chapter Seven

March 14 6:30 am

Sarolyns POV

I woke up to the sound of a blowdryer. I knew who it was. It was Myla. She always had to be loud in the mornings. I slowly got out of bed and walked to my dresser. I picked out a green hoodie and some jeans. I grabbed my tennis shoes and some socks. I walked back to my bed and put on my shoes.

After I finished putting on my shoes, I walked to my bathroom and brushed my teeth. While I was brushing my teeth a notification popped up on my screen. It was Jordyn.

We need to get the group together right now! I finished brushing my teeth and brushed my hair. After I finished doing everything I grabbed my phone and texted her back.

Okay I will text everyone.

Thank you! I didn't respond. I looked at the time. 7 pm. I had enough time to text them. I made a group chat with everyone in it.

We need to meet up now! Skip your classes.
Why? Bentley replied.

Bc I said so that's why. I texted. They didn't reply. I put my phone in my pocket. I walked out of my dorm and walked into Jordyn's dorm.

"Hey" I said. I looked around. Everyone was here except Jaxson and Cohen.

"Hey," Jordyn said. She was in the kitchen eating cereal. She still had her PJs on. "Want some cereal?" She asked.

"No thanks, I'm good," I said. "What was so important that you needed us to come here right now?" I asked.

"We are going to go and get everything we need for tomorrow," she said, putting her bowl in the sink and walking over to us. "I already planned the groups." She said, grabbing a notebook off of the living room table.

"Group 1, Ella and Webb, you will get supplies like deodorant, hair brushes, women hygiene, books, backpacks, and anything else you can think of." Jordyn said. Just then we heard a knock at the door. "That must be Cohen and Jaxson. I will get it. She opened the door and saw them. They walked in and sat down on the couch.

"I was explaining the groups. You haven't missed anything," Jordyn said looking at them.

"Group 2, Jaxson and me. We will get weapons." She said looking at him. "Group 3, Zada and Fisher. You will get gas for the bus. Group 4, Emery and Cohen. You will get food and drinks. Group 5, Sarolyn and Bentley. You will get the bus." She said.

"We will meet in Walmart parking lot at 8 pm. Okay?" She asked. Everyone nodded their heads. "Okay well we will leave at 3 pm. For now just sit her for a while and lay low. You can't go to school. Y'all can watch TV or something l. If y'all are hungry there is some food in the fridge. Help yourselves." She said walking to her room. Fisher walked to his bedroom. All of the boys then got up and followed Fisher. Okay then. That wasn't weird at all.

I got up and walked over to the couch. I sat down and grabbed the remote. I set the channel to Netflix and looked for a show.

March 14 2:45pm
"Is everyone ready?" I asked. They all nodded their heads.

"Sarolyn and Bentley, you will be riding with me and Jaxson. We will drop you off at the buses. You will get on the bus and steal it. Be careful. If cops follow you, go in the wrong direction." Jordyn said. She now had actual clothes on. Not PJs.

"Okay everyone let's go," We all walked out of the dorms. I followed Jaxson and Jordyn. We walked out to a black car.

"I'm driving," Jaxson said. He went to the driver's seat and cranked the car. I ran and got into the back of the car with Jordyn beside me. Bentley was sitting in the front with Jaxson. Passenger princess 💅. Jaxson pulled out of the driveway and went 75 mph on the highway.

Was he ducking stupid? There were cops around. He continued driving like nothing was happening. Finally after 10 minutes we arrived.

"Be safe," Jordyn said. She got out of the car and went to the passengers side and got in. Jaxson pulled out of the driveway once again and speeded away.

I crouched down and walked in front of a boulder. I saw a policeman. I grabbed Bentley's arm and told him to shush. He looked over at the police officer and crawled past him. He looked over at me and waved me over there. I slowly crawled over to him. We were right by the buses. I crawled over to one of the buses. I slowly pulled open the door and got in. Bentley got in and slowly pulled the door shut.

The key was still in the bus. I walked over to the driver's seat. I grabbed the keys and cranked the bus up. The police officer started to run at the bus. I quickly stepped on the gas. He ran in front of the bus. I accidentally ran him over. Woops. I kept driving. It took an hour to get to Walmart. It was 4:30 when we found a parking spot to park in. I leaned back my seat and waited till everyone got there.

March 14 8:10 pm
The first group to show up was Ella and Webb. They had like 20 bags in their hands. They got on the bus and put the bags in the back.

"Where is everyone else?" Ella asked.

"You're the first group to show up." I said.

"You can sit in the back or something and wait on the other three groups." I said. They nodded their heads and walked to the back. A few minutes later Ella and Webb sat in a seat.

March 14 8:15 pm
Emery and Cohen were the second group to show up. They had about 10 bags of food. I opened the door and let them in. They walked in and put the bags with the other bags.

"You can lay down in one of the seats. There are still two groups out." I said. Emery nodded her head and layed down in a seat.

March 14 8:23 pm
Zada and Fisher showed up with four jugs of gas. They put it in the back of the bus and walked up to the front.

"We are just waiting on Jordyn and Jaxson. You can sit anywhere you like." I said. They sat in a seat and said nothing. All of a sudden I heard gunshots. Everyone stood up and looked out the window. Jordyn and Jaxson were running towards the bus. I quickly opened the door and cranked the bus up. Jordyn and Jaxson ran on the bus.

"GO, GO, GO. HURRY UP," Jaxson said. I quickly stepped on the gas. I pulled out of the parking lot.

"WHERE ARE WE GOING?" I asked.

"TURN LEFT, HURRY," Jordyn said. I turned left and speeded down the highway. I drove for two hours until I found an abandoned parking lot. I pulled in to the parking lot and turned off the bus.

"What happened back there?" I asked. I looked at Jaxson. "And why is there blood all over your shirt?" I asked.

"What do you me-" Jaxson said looking at his shirt. He lifted up his shirt and looked down. There was a gunshot wound in his lower stomach. There was blood spewing out of the wound. He had bruises around the gunshot wound. Jordyn got up and ran to the back.

"Do we have a first aid kit?" Jordyn said looking through the bags. "FOUND IT," She said running back to us. She handed the kit to Webb.

"Oh thank you," Webb said. He grabbed the kit and walked over the Jaxson. He opened it and grabbed some disinfectant wipes. He wiped the wound. Jordyn looked at Webb curiously. She then grabbed his hand and put it on his wound. All of a sudden the wound closed up and a bullet came out. Jordyn then removed his hand and grabbed a wipe. She then gently wiped the wound. Webb was staring at his hands curiously. After Jordyn wiped his wound she put some ointment on it. There was still bruises on his stomach.

"That's just going to have to do," Jordyn said. She pulled down his shirt and walked to the back. She went through the bags and sorted everything into the backpacks.

March 14, 10 pm
"Everyone hand me your phones," I said grabbing everyones phones. I walked off the bus and smashed the phones. I walked back on the bus and looked the door.

"I will take the first shift. You can go to sleep. I will wake you up when it's your turn." Jordyn said to me. I looked back and saw that everyone was asleep.

"Thank you," I said sleeply. I walked to the back of the bus and layed in the seat. My eyes slowly drifted off into the darkness.

...

1527 words