Chapter 1: Doctor's Complaints

Romaric Witherlens was a 27 year old doctor who has a very low reputation due to his past crimes as an illegal gambler..

Though he only did it for his younger brother who was suffering from a cardiac condition...

Little did others know, he had potential in understanding other species' anatomy and capabilities just by feeling their pulse's speed and rhythmic pattern.

One night, 2am, he was burnt out from various paper works for his patients' whereabouts and current conditions.

As the room was dead quiet, the silence was interrupted by the ringing tone on Romaric's phone..

he picked it up "hello?" He said, groaning in frustration.

"Is this Mr. Witherlens?" A man said through the other side of the phone.

"Uhm.. Yes, how can I be of service?.." Romaric asked with slight confusion and hesitation, regarding the time this person called

Before Romaric and the man could strike a proper conversation ,they were interrupted when Valerion, Romaric's younger brother, entered the room

"I'll call you later, Sir, just send me the matter at hand through text, thank you" Romaric hung up on the man

"..Big bro.. Who were you talking to?" Valerion Asked, followed by a yawn.

Romaric sighed "why are you awake at such an early time?.. Go back to sleep.. You know what would happen if you don't.." Romaric said as he knelt down to Valerion's level and patted his head.

"..I'm just.. Worried about you.. You're working too much and.. I can tell you're getting tired.." Valerion said with a hint of concern

Romaric sighed "you don't have to worry about me kiddo.. Besides, you should be worried about what I would do if I catch you awake at night you know" Romaric chuckled and gently pinched Valerion's cheek as both of them shared a laugh.

"haha.. Okay, I'll go back to sleep.. But.. Promise me, you'll sleep tonight.?" Valerion held his pinky out.

"I promise, kiddo" Romaric smiled as the 2 brothers did the pinky promise gesture.

After Valerion headed back to his room. Romaric's smile faded as his face escalated into worry and sadness for his little brother not being able to have a normal life...

Though, his daze was interrupted when his phone buzzed and the moment he read it.. He knew he had to do this for his little brother..

So he took a coat from his closet and changed his clothes, preparing to leave the house for something presumably Important.

He left the house and headed to the hospital he works in, the destination in which the man mentioned.

He was greeted by a fellow doctor there who was secretly a scientist...He was tasked to head inside.. The Obsidian Oak forest.. An unknown and yet forbidden Forest to enter.. In order to find what he was ordered to do so..

Romaric took a deep breath "with all due respect... Why exactly did you choose me for this job?" he asked with skepticism.

His fellow doctor chuckled "I know you don't have a good reputation around the whole town and you need money for your little brother's treatment.. Bring the subject to me alive and I'll consider paying for your debts and your little brother's hospital bills.. Deal?" The doctor held his hand out for a hand shake

Romaric was hesitant, he did not want to risk anything else that was left of him, however, he knew this particular doctor was one of the most known and intelligently successful doctors in the whole town and was always honest.

Romaric sighed and took a moment to think... "When can I start?" He asked, for clarification and to know his objective for this illegal trespassing, in hopes he wouldn't fall into the same old rabbit hole again..