Chapter 3: Inhumane yet, Curious Interrelatedness

Romaric slowly woke up, his vision was being regained and as he carefully stood up and held onto the cave wall for support, he heard little footsteps, "what the... Who's there?..how'd you...get..in here?.." He said with caution as he tried to get up despite his dizziness.

"S-show yourself... I am not looking for trouble" He was trembling but from the corner of his eye,

he saw something behind the weeping fig tree in which the Amethyst resided in.. Was broken and.. Hollow?

As he slowly approached it.. It looked like a little girl about 4'2 feet, the little girl was wearing a dirty long white shirt that covered her whole body.

"..what..how are you here..?..what are you doing here..?" Romaric asked the little girl with confusion, Though she didn't answer.

Romaric closed his eyes for a bit and once his foggy vision cleared up.. He fell backwards as he saw the little girl... Wasn't human.

"W-wha... WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU!?" Romaric took his pocket knife out of defense but it only scared the girl off in a dark corner of the cave.. Hugging her knees, sobbing and shaking in fear.

Romaric felt guilty for scaring that innocent Little girl so, he placed the pocket knife back inside his pocket and approached her with caution and a slow manner

"hey.. I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to scare you... I was just startled.." Romaric said as he knelt down to the little girl's level and noticed that she had thorny vines wrapping her eyes.

The girl had purple fur ears that looked like canine ears on the sides of her head, long amethyst horns, Black medium length wings that were tucked in her back, a string tail with a fluffy purple fur tip and long hair and reached her waist.

"Wow... You're definitely not from here.." Romaric was now curious about who or what this girl is.

"Do you.. Have a name?" Romaric asked, waiting for the little girl's response but not a single word came out the girl's mouth

"okay uhm.. Let's do that later.." His eyes darted around the cave and he spotted his satchel "Wait here" Romaric got up, approached his satchel, and started scouring through his things .

"Ah! Here it is" He exclaimed as he pulled out bandages from his satchel and approached the little girl once again.. "Okay, hold still, this might hurt"

Romaric said as he tried to carefully remove the thorny vines from the little girl's eyes, she whimpered in pain

"Shhhh.. It's okay...this'll be over soon..just stay calm" Romaric reassured her in a soft and gentle tone.

When the thorny vines were all removed, he gently wiped off the excess blood and gently wrapped her eyes in bandages

"okay, that's better, right?" Romaric smiled warmly at the girl and the little girl turned her head to him and didn't motion to anything.

Romaric then looked around and noticed that the girl was interested in Romaric's shadow that was a fragment from the amethyst cluster's remaining light.

"Hm.. You're a curious one aren't you?" He said as he thought of a name for her "what if I name you... Shadow.." He looked over at the amethyst cluster "Quartz..?" He snapped his fingers "what do you think about that name? Shadow Quartz?"

Romaric asked the little girl who looked up. at him and once again, did not show any motion which was somewhat a good sign.

"okay, Shadow Quartz it is...until I think of another name" He said And then went back to the current situation in hand

"now.. We gotta figure out how to get out of here" Romaric looked around for a source of an exit, as he approached the rubble that was once the exit of the cave.. He heard.. The sound of dripping?..

"What in the.." He backed up slightly with Shadow Q behind him

Then, disfigured looking creatures of unknown substances entered the cave by the leaks on the cave walls there were three of them and started to approach Romaric in a contorted way of moves, Romaric had his pocket up to him in defense

However, the moment those things saw the girl that was behind Romaric,

They trembled in fear as their already disfigured body started to melt.

Luckily, The cave's exit was disturbed by those monsters' arrivals, so it made a small opening that they could sneak out of.

"Oh thank god, come on let's get out of here, kiddo" Romaric said as he looked over at Shadow Q Who was behind him and they started to sneak out of that small opening.

Once they got out of the cave, the sun had already risen and Shadow Q noticed that Romaric had some blood leaking out the side of his forehead, she looked up at him.

Romaric turned to her "is something bothering you, kiddo?" He asked with slight confusion, til, he carefully felt the side of his forehead and ended up with a small fragment of blood on his finger tips.

"hm? Oh, don't worry about me, kiddo, I'll be-" Before Romaric could finish his sentence, Shadow Q had healed all his injuries "fine.." Romaric was impressed with this sudden revelation of healing capabilities.

"Thank you.. Uhm..my name is Romaric Witherlens" Romaric told Shadow Q.

she tried to repeat it however was stuttering, Romaric chuckled a bit as he got reminded of Valerion.

He was thought for a while and wondered... Was this girl the one his fellow Doctor assigned him to find?.. If so, Why and how would they know about this girl's existence in the first place?...

Something wasn't right, he felt his stomach twist on what his fellow doctor could've known and wanted from this specimen, he decided to propose an indirect confrontation to that doctor the moment he could return to his town,

of course, he wouldn't hand her over without a clear reason, which was something he'd have to dig deeper into...