The Alien Trap

Wow, ok. If you're still reading thank you cause sometimes I honestly don't even understand my own writing. Also sometimes, is it in the British way of spelling cause sometimes I do that cause I think it looks better. But idk just ignore me

------

Jenna was sitting criss-cross applesauce on the grass, while she waited for Billy with Kat and Tommy in the park.

"I hope Billy gets back here soon," Kat admitted, as she walked towards the others. "This thing's making me nervous."

"I sure hope it works," Tommy hoped, fiddling with it.

"What do you call it again? A molecular hydro..." Kat trailed off, a hand on her chin as she tried to remember.

"It's a molecular hydro-atmospheric generator," Jenna spoke up, and the two turned to her on the ground. "It's analyzing the moistures and gasses in our air. The purpose is for it to create water similar to the environment of Aquitar."

"And then Billy is going to make one for the aliens so they can rehydrate," Kat smiled in realization.

Jenna looked up as an older woman approached them and lightly pushed Tommy and Kat away from the invention.

"You poor darlings," The woman sighed. "Oh... What parent in their right mind would leave children like you alone, with such dangerous equipment?"

Jenna stood up and stood beside Kat as she and Tommy shared a look.

Now, Jenna was not above admitting that she was very amused whenever the young Rangers had to deal with not being taken seriously as children. But she was above laughing in their faces, so she laughed about it on her own time.

"You could get into all sorts of trouble," The woman ranted, visibly upset.

"We're fine, really," Tommy insisted.

"Oh, well, I-I'm left with no choice," The woman huffed disapprovingly. "I'm simply going to have to turn it over to the proper authorities."

"Hey!" Jenna looked over and saw Billy walking over with a case in his hand. "Didn't I tell you kids not to play with my science experiment?"

Jenna grinned as she noticed that Tommy and Kat were upset at being called kids.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. It appears as though my little brother and sisters here like to get into trouble," Billy lied.

"Well, I was just worried," The woman looked annoyed as she walked away.

"Well, thanks. I appreciate it. Now, the three of you keep it up, you're gonna lose your allowance," Billy said, continuing the act, as the kids walked up to him.