Chapter 1

Here there is no sunshine Philippines, only a Philippines full of instability, fakeness, overthinking, and a bit of weakness. If you don't like it get out of here.

🔥This part has a bit of historical elements🔥

*My English is still weak, I hope everyone will understand

___________________________________

I came to this country as a supporting ally of the USA during the Vietnam War. The Vietnam War has always been a topic of discussion recently. It reverberated throughout every continent after defeating France.

My country also fell into invasion and war, so I understand the pain of losing loved ones and losing my country. Understand the scene of seeing each comrade fall, the cries of suffering of the people, the screams of pain of the people when being tortured.

Recalling that memory, my eyes sting again, I tilt my head up to avoid tears from flowing.

My private plane landed on the ground, and my subordinates and I got off the plane. The Republic of Vietnam (*) is the current owner of this country, not really the whole country but just controlling the South.

The harsh sunlight shines directly on me, I guess it's summer now. Every time this season comes, it makes me crave the salty taste of the sea in the Philippines, the sweetness of coconut water when I lie down in the hammock and immerse myself in the coolness of the shade of the trees or, better yet, surf on the strong waves. strong, and the girls would look at me with admiration.

I woke up from my dream when I heard the other person's greeting.

When he saw me, he immediately smiled and greeted me. Maybe he thought he and I were friends because we were both allies of the USA.

"Welcome to my country. Mr. Philippines ." The Republic of Vietnam smiled politely and held out his hand, his eyes sparkled with joy

"Nice to meet you". I just pretended to smile and shake hands with him, I don't like traitors.

We both got in the car, sat neatly on the seat, I opened my bag and looked at my badge but his staring made me unable to concentrate. Trying to concentrate on reading the document in hand, he looked at me more intensely, distracting me.

"What 's up?". I shyly looked straight into his eyes.

"Ah- nothing". The Republic of Vietnam shyly turned away

I can see through his emotions. Having gone through war and being fought over by invaders, I have learned to see through other people's emotions. He's trying to say something, I'm sure of that

"Really? You can share it with me"
I smiled at him, pretending to be kind.

I feel nauseous with what I'm doing now, pretending to be friendly with others is so sinful but what should I do when I don't want to be close to a national traitor like him, my subordinate advised me not to get too close to this person, because this guy is not trustworthy.

"We're friends, right?" The Republic of Vietnam stared at the Philippines waiting for an agreement. He hoped that the Philippines would smile at him and say "yes". He craves that attention, he wants everyone to pay attention to him and wants to be recognized as a nation.

"Um. Political partner" When I finished speaking, the atmosphere in the car changed, it became more overwhelming, I saw his surprised eyes and understood his shyness, but I didn't care.
.
.
.
.

I returned to handling documents, the Republic of Vietnam stopped paying attention to me. The next time there was only peace, the car continued to run and I looked up through the window. This place is very different from my country. Although not as modern, this country still has its own characteristics.

I was immersed in the picture of the scenery here, letting my mind drift away from the peace. The car rolled down the road and stopped at my embassy at the same time my mind stopped wandering.

"Philippines"

My hand stopped at the door handle.

"Do you mind if you come have lunch with us tomorrow?" The Republic of Vietnam looked at me shyly, his eyes averted.

I raised my eyebrows and looked at him, "us", is there anyone else? I wondered.

"Oh yes, I will come" I just agreed, I was quite curious about that person, perhaps a relative of his or a lover but anyway my curiosity would be answered later tomorrow. My subordinates and I went to the embassy to rest, and look forward to tomorrow.
.
.
.
___________________________________

Part (*)

Flag of the Republic of Vietnam