𝑹𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒆 𝑴𝒆𝒅𝒖𝒔𝒂

𝑨 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓, Maeve and Sam are looking at a map laid out on top of the car, Dean has his phone to his ear

𝑨 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓, Maeve and Sam are looking at a map laid out on top of the car, Dean has his phone to his ear. "Ok. I think I found a way we can bypass that construction just east of here. We might even make Pennsylvania faster than we thought." Maeve nods in agreement as Sam points down at the map. Dean slowly lowers his phone, his eyes scanning over Maeve as she looks over at him with a smile. She frowns, however, when she notices the look on his face as he slowly moves over to them. "Yeah. Problem is, we're not going to Pennsylvania." Maeve looks confused by his words as Sam turns to face his brother with a glare. "We what?" Sam asks, "I just got a call from an, uh, old friend. Her father was killed last night, think it might be our kind of thing." Maeve flinches slightly at his words, her heart slightly breaking at the look on his face. "What?" She breaths out, Dean hates the look she was giving him. He wanted to pull her in close and hold her tightly, but he wasn't sure he could. "Yeah. Believe me, she never woulda called, never, if she didn't need us." Maeve scoffs and shakes her head, she quickly moves to climb into the impala. Dean flinched when Sam shoots him a glare before he climbs into the Impala. "Come on, are you coming or not?"

An hour later, Impala cruises down the road, fields on one side, a lake on the other. The trio sat in awkward silence, before Sam hesitantly spoke up. "By old friend you mean...?" Maeve flinches at his words, Dean shoots his brother a glare. "A friend that's not new." Sam scoffs with a glare, he knows this is hurting Maeve, but they needed to know what was going on. "Oh yeah, thanks. So her name's Cassie huh? You never mentioned her.." Sam utters out, as Dean awkwardly clears his throat. "Didn't I?" A long pause, Sam looks at Dean expectantly. His look makes Dean look in the rear view mirror to Maeve who was also looking at him, hurt shining in her pretty brown eyes. He sighs, "Yeah, we went out." Dean utters out with a shrug, to be honest he really didn't remember her much. All he cared about now was Maeve, and he would prove it when this was over.

"You mean you dated somebody other than Maeve? For more than one night." Sam looks utterly shocked, Maeve couldn't help and smile at the look on his face. She knew Dean was more of a one night stand man, but she also knew that he hasn't so much as looked at another woman since they started going out. "Am I speaking a language you're not getting here? Dad and I were working a job in Ohio, she was finishing up college. We went out for a coupla weeks, that's it. I hardly remember her, it wasn't all that important." Dean speaks up, his eyes meeting Maeve's in the mirror as he tries to reassure her. "And...?" Dean shrugs slightly, "Look, it's terrible about her dad, but it kinda sounds like a standard car accident. I'm not seeing how it fits with what we do. Which by the way, how does she know what we do?" Dean looks shifty as Maeve gaps at him, Sam takes notice of her face as he turns towards his brother. "You told her. You told her, the secret! Our big family rule number one. We do what we do and we shut up about it. For a year and a half; I do nothing but lie to Jessica, and you go out with this chick in Ohio a coupla times and you tell her everything?" Dean stays silent, staring straight ahead.

"Dean!" Sam snaps towards him in anger, his eyes glaring as his face pulls a shocked look. "Yeah. Looks like." He continues staring ahead and put's his foot down. Sam does the bitchface, shaking his head, Maeve looks down at her hands with tears gathering within. She really didn't like where this trip was heading, Dean glances back at her; his eyes full of sadness and love. He really wanted to tell her that Cassie didn't mean anything to him anymore, he just couldn't bring himself to do it.