IRENE. 4

A gate slides open, a man in his black sweatpants and black sweatshirt emerge.

His ice oceanic eyes pop out, he gulped covering his suprise, taking in the person at his gate from head to toe and frown at the end.

"Hello, Mr... " She acknowledged

"... Gorgeous!?" She read the piece of paper from her hand and cringed at the end.

He snapped from his daze.

She sounds different. He thoughts.

Her voice carried her attitude.

Even though she kinda stuttered and cringed but her aura emits I know who I am.

"Hi, you look.... different!" He smiled smugly.

The cream piece of suit and a faint pink silk blouse, goldish earrings, necklace and bracelet.

(The outfits, ignore the color of her hair just imagine it's light brown (⁠◠⁠‿⁠◕⁠) )

The piece of paper on her right hand once read crushed into a ball.

She stretched a small forced smile that say I don't wanna be here but what can I do about it!?

"Come inside." The man offered standing aside for the woman to enter.

Her black nude heels clicked as she took steps into the mansion and stood two steeps ahead.

Turning back knocking her head aside at the man stood in daze closing the gate her eyes on the woman.

"Right, this way!" He announced taking the lead whilst the woman followed.

"Although you took your time and I got a chance to refine the contract but still I've questions." He spoke opening the drawers of the large fine shine huge large table when reached inside at the middle of the sitting room.

"Take a seat, and make your self comfortable. Juice? Tea!? Water!?" He asked at the woman who once stood with her eyes wander and fall occasionally at him.

"Thanks." She said after a couple of seconds before sitting.

"Here, and you can sign there." The man's hand pursued with a pile of papers and a pen at the woman opposite to him.

She took the papers and ignored a pen. Pushing her reading glasses up her nose a bit and glueing her eyes to the papers.

He smirked putting the pen down "Okay.!?"

Her once  light brown straight hair are now brown and wavy.

He puts his leg over the other, crossing his arms over his chest and study the woman.

From Cat-eye frame glasses he saw last time at the Cafe to bowline.

"Funny enough, I didn't know your name you know!?" He complained.

"Irene Stewart, Mr. Hawthorne." She replied, her eyes darted to the man's face and fixed to the paper before flipping to another page.

"That's a beautiful name." Complimented Hawthorne.

Her eyes are now full striking grey without those brown dusts.

"Hmmm." She flipped another page crossing her leg to the other pursuing her lips in thoughts.

"Professional, are we!?" He chuckled attempt teasing.

Yearning that cute flirtatious smart nerd he met at the Cafe but the woman in front of him is only beautiful and smart but not flirtatious.

"No drama." She puts the papers down.

Her nails painted black. Her features sharp, eyes focus and she looks a bit her age very pretty indeed not that cute little thing.

"I added double position as a nurse and a PA. Well am not going to get sick everyday but you'll going to check my daily well-being and I raised your salary from 1M to 1.5M....."

"It's a good offer." She nodded still in deep thoughts looking past him.

"... you're going to take care workers with serious health issues, checking all other employees and emergency health alerts." He resumes finding himself talks too much than his usual self.

"That's fair."

"And of course, you are going to be my PA. Mine only. My past secretary is going to be general secretary attending also managers and supervisors." He taunted.

"I can see." She picks up the pen and signed the contract pursuing her lips.

From backpack to black briefcase.

"Here." She offered back the contract.

A tight lipped smile not ear to ear appeared to her face.

"And it's done." He notified after putting ink to the papers and offer a hand.

"Am looking forward to work with you Mr Hawthorne." She shook back smiled genuinely.

"The feeling is mutual Miss Stewart."

"I've to ask, where were you for the past week!?" He sounds concerned.

Irene lips' parted staring back at Mr. Hawthorne but nothing came out of her mouth.

"I mean, I expected you on last Monday and you show up today after a whole week." He added.

"Am curious too. Where was I!?" She smiled bittery at him.

"What on freaking hell was I doing there!?" She shuddered at the thought.

°°°°°°°°°~~~~~~°°°°°°°

Tsap guys.
Do vote ✨ please
Say what's on ur mind.🤗
Stay safe 🫂 stay blessed ❤️