Chapter 1 Part 1 - Brown Bears and Ham

Electronics Store 7:00 am

Amy and Jake walk inside the small electronic store from their cruiser, screens litter the side walls, and smaller electronic items are scattered on shelves in the middle of the store. A lone man stands with an ice pack to his head as uniformed officers scatter the inside and outside of the store. Keeping to themselves Jack walks up to a camera placed to the side and begins acting through it.

"This job is eating me alive. I can't breathe anymore. I spent all these years trying to be the good guy, the man in the white hat. I'm not becoming like them. I am them."

"What are you doing you weirdo?" Amy replies with little to no amusement in her voice

"I'm doing the best speech from Donnie Brasco. Or actually, ten of me are doing the best speech from Donnie Brasco." Jake replies smiling as the screens around him mimics him

"Get it together man, okay?" with a facepalm before pulling her notebook out and heading to the store clerk.

"So the store was hit about two hours ago. They took mostly tablets, laptops, and cameras." Amy confirms with the clerk prior to getting interrupted with music, glancing over to where the sound emits from she sees Jake fiddling with a soundboard.

"Sorry" as he smiles, the music stops playing instantly

With her attention back on the clerk she gives a fake tight smile back at him "I'd like a list of all your employees, whoever had access to the store. I'd also like to apologize for my partner. His parents didn't give him enough attention."

"Uh Detective" Amy sighs looking back over at him "I already solved the case. We're looking for three white males, one of whom has sleeve tats on both arms." 

Amy's eyebrow raises with her arms crossed she makes her way over to Jake. "And how do you know that?"

"I had an informant on the inside. He's been here for years. Watching, learning. Waiting. His code name?" A brown teddy bear is in his grasp "Fuzzy Cuddle bear. He's a nanny cam."

Scoffing Amy shakes her head "You got lucky".

"No, I got here five minutes before you and figured that in this gigantic electronics store, there had to be at least one working camera." Seconds later the bears camera are on the screen, the men being clearly visible is the footage. "Oh. Hi bad guys!" Jack's attention is focused back on the bear "You did it, fuzzy. You busted 'em. It's time to come home."

"I'm not sure if I can. I've been undercover so long, I've forgotten who I am. I have seen terrible things. I haven't known the touch of a woman in many moons." Imitates the bear, forcing its head down in despair. 

"All right" Amy turns and walks away

"Detective Santiago! Don't walk away from me!" The bears voice says desperation seeping into it.

99th Precinct 8:25 am

Jake enters the station escorting the two suspects from his and Amy's electronic store robbery he passes the other detectives and takes them to the holding cell. Everyone piles into the briefing room taking their regular seats as Terry stands up at the front.

"Captain McGintley signed a transfer before he left who is starting today, all the way from Australia, Detective Harley Shields started out in General Duties, moving to their Tactical Operations Unit until finally settling into their Investigation Unit" After hearing Harley's name Rosa's eyes were wide open in surprise, she never thought of asking her what she did for work, honestly a small part of her didn't expect to see Harley again.

"Please give a big 99 welcome to Detective Harley Shields." Terry announces as he lays his hand out towards the door. There stands the blonde that made Rosa awkward, her defense barriers lowers only for her allowing her to see her in her vulnerable state, it annoyed Rosa that someone could do that to her, everyone she slept with in the past was out of her mind after the door was shut, her exes occupied about 30 percent of her mind and all it took to change that was one blonde Aussie.