Chapter 1 Part 2 - Brown Bears and Ham

Morgenthau's Apartment 1:15 PM

Uniformed officers are spread throughout the apartment majority of them standing around one another speaking as the detectives walk in, Jake, Charles, Rosa and Harley stand converging into the center of the room before splitting up.

Jake and Boyle walk through the kitchen noticing the window as Harley is closely followed by her partner Rosa. "Okay, so the perp came in through the window, Left the muddy red footprint, and apparently had sex with the dish rack."

"Shell casing found here. Two shots. Bang, bang." Amy says while pretending her fingers are a gun. "Great work, Detective. You get a tie." as Jake throws a tie across the room to Amy.

"Bloody nice TV" you say mostly to yourself as you inspect the item in awe "A tie for you as well". "huh?" you break your eyes from the screen only to be hit by a black and blue striped tie which lands spread across the floor making you stare at it.

"Hey, those are mine. You took it them my desk."

"That's right, Charles. Good solve. Tie for you." Handing a tie to the small man beside him.

"Thanks!"

"Now everyone be sure to put those on because it's impossible to solve crimes - unless you're wearing a tie."

"Lay off the Captain. That man is gonna be my rabbi."

"Okay, first of all, when you use the word "rabbi," you know that turns me on and that's unfair in the work environment. Secondly, your rabbi is a pain in my ass."

Charles nods agreeing along with Jake "Yeah, he's a little too serious. What do you think, Rosa?"

"He seems cool."

"Yeah, he seems cool. I agree."

"Way to stick to your buddy, Boyle." Jake mumbles looking away

"Looks like the perp stole a computer, a watch, and a Jamon Iberico ham, valued at what! $6,000" Rosa looks up perplexed from her notepad.

"6 fucking grand for a ham? I need to buy the cheap packets and you only get like 8 slices. How am I supposed to make multiple good Ham cheese and Tomato toasties?"

"Yeahhhh... Totally think you're making a big deal out of nothing Harley" 

All you can do is scoff at Jake "Big deal over nothing, i guess the cheap packets of cheese makes up for spending bloody double digits on ham" you mumble avoiding making eye contact with everyone.

"Jamon Iberico is an amazing cured ham from Spain. They had it at my uncle's funeral. I gorged myself at that funeral. I mean, I was constipated for three days." Making everyone shudder.

"Wow, that's a great story, Charles, thank you. All right, listen up, everybody. Better contact Captain Holt, let him know we got a ten-tie situation." You slowly bend down picking the tie up, staring at it before you throw it over to jake unfortunately going over his shoulder hitting the figure that just walked in.

"Speaking of ties, where's yo-...?" "Ca..Ca..Captain..." Your eyes widen, mouth agape as you slowly move behind Rosa.

"Ooooh... yikes" Jake comments as the noise around the room disappears

"Captain! Hey! Welcome to the murder. What are you doing here?" Jake decides to help you out while you push your head into Rosa's back trying to hide away as much as possible but you also feel more safer being in contact with your partner.

"I like to know what my detectives are up to. That okay by you?" You move Rosa's arm apart slightly looking between her body and arm to see if the Captain was still looking your way... Yeah he was still and you froze when you made eye contact.