ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Fᴏᴜʀ

The masked man got up from his seat after seeing the "smart" Vizzini fall to the ground, not breathing. Though he paid him no mind and went straight to you. 

He took off your blindfold and you looked around in surprise before looking at him. Something about this man seemed oddly familiar, you just couldn't grasp what it was. "Who might you be?" You asked in pure curiosity. "No one to be trifled with." He responded. As he smiled at you, something inside your mind clicked. 

Those bright blue eyes, that kind smile. You had hoped with every inch of your heart that your instincts were correct, that the love of your life was possibly alive. "Westley...?" You quietly asked. His eyes widened in surprise , how could you have figured that out so quickly? Seeing that there was no response, you quickly apologized. "I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else." You said with a sad tone. 

He put his hand up to your cheek and carressed it. "As you wish." 

You almost cried of happiness in that moment. You pulled him into a hug and kissed him in a rush, he kissed back almost immediately. You pulled away from the kiss and looked at him in admiration. "I've missed you." You said. "Not more than I have missed you." You smiled. 

"To think the poison was in your cup." You said. "They were both poisoned, I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder." He said as he dragged you along with him.

--------------------------------

Somewhere else, Prince Humperdinck was retracing Westley's footsteps. "Someone has beaten a giant." He said. "There will be great suffering in Guilder if she dies." The prince said as he hopped on to his horse and rode away with his guards behind him.

----------------------------------

You and Westley were running along one of many hills. He gently sat you down on a rock to let you catch your breath. He looked out into the open sea and then sat beside you. "Why do you wear that mask?" You asked . "I think it's fashionable." He answered. "Well take it off, I would like to see your face without a mask covering it." 

He chuckled a little before untying his mask and turning to you, showing the face you had longed to see. "Is that better, princess?" He teased. "Very much." You said as you grabbed his hand and held it. You two sat there in a comfortable silence.

"Aren't you engaged to a prince?" He asked you, breaking the silence. "Yes, but I do not love him, and he knows that." You replied. "Then why continue the marriage?" He asked. " Because he loves me, and I don't think he's ever gonna let me go." You said with no hope evident in your voice. "Do not worry, Y/N, this engagement won't last much longer."

----------------------------------

Prince Humperdinck was already at the place where Westley tricked Vizzini. "And there are the princess's footprints. She is alive, or was, an hour ago." He paused. "If she is otherwise when I find her, I'll be very put out."

He grabbed his horse and rode off again.

----------------------------------

Once you had started venturing out again after your little break, you saw Humperdinck and his guards in the distance. "Westley, look!" You shouted. He turned to where you were pointing and saw them getting closer and closer. "Quick, go down that hill, they won't see us down there." 

He went first so he could catch you if there were any mishaps. You went right after and was walking down the hill with no troubles until a small branch tripped you. You were about to fall, but then Westley caught you. "Try to be a little more careful next time, dear." He said as he lifted you up and put you back on your feet.

Up the hill stood Prince Humperdinck. "They disappeared, he must have seen us closing in. Which might account for his panicking into error.... Unless I am wrong, and I am never wrong. They are headed dead into the fire swamp ." 

----------------------------------

"Come on, my love, we must hurry." Westley said while grabbing your hand and running. You ran for awhile until you saw Humperdinck's guards up top. "Ha! Your pig fiancé is too late. A few more steps and we' ll be safe in the fire swamp." He said. "The fire swamp does not seem like a very safe place." You said, unassured. "Nonsense. You're just saying that because no one has ever survived." You glared at him. 

As you entered what was known as the fire swamp, you had felt a little shiver of fear overwhelm you. You held on tight to Westley's arm and stood behind him.

Suddenly you heard a bunch of different creatures making noises all at once. "It's not that bad." He said, trying to ease the tension. You stared at him utter disbelief. This place was horrifying. "I'm not saying i'd like to build a summer home here, but the trees are quite lovely." He said in response to your face. You continued to wear that very same face after he said that.

You both walked through the forest, careful not to make any noise that would attract any unwanted attention. All of a sudden you hear a popping sound. You pay it no mind and continue walking through, though that a very bad idea as a burst of fire came from the ground. Your instincts came in and you pulled Westley and yourself out the way. You both were left unharmed, the only thing that really happened was that it left you with a slightly singed dress.

Westley stared at you in surprise. "I didn't know you had that in you." "Neither did I." 

And so, you continued walking across the scary forest. Only this time when a burst of flame showed up Westley moved you out of danger. "Well, one thing I will say, the fire swamp does certainly keep you on your toes." He said. And so, you continued walking across the forest, now knowing what to expect from the ground.

-------------------------------------

A/N

I'm not sure if Westley's eyes are blue or green, so I decided on blue because it looked more like it to me. 

anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter <3