-FERIT'S POV-

"Mom why did you do that?" I found myself shouting at my mother in annoyance.

"Ahh Ferit you're being extra now! It's alright if she were uncomfortable she would've refused." The beautiful lady in front of me snorted.

While I was pacing around breathing heavily- an attempt to calm my trembling nerves.

"Mom look, don't misunderstand her politeness as her obligation. Okay? And from next time do talk to me before calling her or asking her for something. I told you she has a flight today to Paris for some work. It'll be so exhausting for her to manage all." I retorted to my mother in a slightly authoritative tone to which she widen her eyes. The startled expression was soon replaced by a smile.

"Aww my baby has grown mature and is so protective of his girlfriend. Ferit I never imagined you would make me experience such happiness." She moved towards me with her hands probably to squish my cheeks and I immediately backed off.
It wasn't an appropriate situation after all.
Here I was making her understand something and she had literally taken away the essence of the topic.

"Mom please I hate it when you do that." I rolled my eyes and she frowned.

"Son I really don't get that saltiness but I didn't do anything wrong like I invited her and she immediately agreed. She even sounded surprised at my announcement that makes me suspicious had you really talked to her about it?" She arched her brows in questioning manner.

"Of course I had." I lied effortlessly.

Not like I had not tried. But my ego, my wounded heart and most of all my guilt-stricken self did not allow me to communicate with Seyran after that doomed day.

The words I had uttered to her echoed through my mind, clasping my heart.
How did I even utter such disgusting words out of my mouth!
How did I even let something like that cross my mind.

But my pathetic anger had overpowered my sanity, blocking my fucking brain cells.

And yes why should I call her when despite approaching her hopelessly,she doesn't even care to respond.

The mark of the slap was etched in my memories and refused to wash away with the endless tears,I had been crying.

More than anything her eyes full of hatred had been haunting me and I just wanted to get away from all this.

And then out of nowhere my dad decided to promote me for the place of the chief designer in our firm as according to him I have become more mature and responsible.
God just loves to play with me.

And they were throwing some stupid announcement party for me.
Just pure idiocy.

While everyone was already in, I was summoned to invite my friend circle not like I had any close friend. There were friends but I always maintained my boundary of privacy with them.

And of course I was asked to invite Seyran.
And of course I did not do it.

But my mom just ruined everything by meddling in and taking extra pain of asking her herself as according to mom it was a very crucial moment in my professional life and Seyran should be by my side to share my happiness.
How perfect! Isn't it?
...
I looked at my reflection in front of the mirror, the black Armani suit enveloping my frame giving me a look of those regular CEOs or more precisely look of my brother and father.
After struggling enough with my grey tie I ended up discarding it.

Wish we could do the same with our feelings.

Not dwelling much onto my unnecessary mind-blogging thoughts,I immediately left to our firm to catch up with everyone who had already left for some preparation.