-FERIT'S POV-

My feet are unable to recognise the ground, I feel my heart thumping faster with her every step towards me while I am lost, dreamily, drowned in her ocean eyes. She steps closer,I stand still until she eliminates the remaining distance between us.
We smile together, happy eyes, wild but content hearts and as I lean in to meet her lips with mine, I linger and don't budge unless Seyran herself wants to.
Promise of keeping her happiest whatever it costs.
Promise of not losing her after this.
Promise of never letting her down.
Promise of keeping my promises.

This is how I had imagined our wedding day,if it ever happened,in the first place. But I didn't feel anything like that when it turned into reality.

Dreams remain dreams.
Reality punches you right on the face.

My feet did tremble, not with excitement but with anxiety.
My hand did shake when Fuat handed me the pen for signing the paper that declared Seyran and I as a legally married couple for the whole world.
We were getting married
but on papers only.

And when I finally dribbled my name hesitantly, I found a usual numbness run down my spine.
My mind unable to decipher anything anymore. I felt as if waves of emptiness surrounded my insides.

A feeble cheer from around rang in my ears but nothing at that moment had the power of budging me.

I released my breath, when I heard another cheer from around confirming me that the other party had signed the papers too. My eyes dared not to look up as they remained fixated on the wooden table clad in red velvet.

"I shall, thereby, declare you two husband and wife."
The words echoed in my ears and this thing snapped me out of my trance.
I looked up, I saw mom,dad and some of his friends.
I saw Seyran's mom, dad and some recognised faces. I saw more acquaintances who are usually there in all the parties but never in crisis. Finally, I looked at my brother on my side who showed nothing but sympathy. My eyes dared not look at my other side.

A part of me still couldn't move on from the fact that my family punished me just for losing my temper on my brother. A second of release of frustration turned into a lifetime of frustration.

I would have been more than happy to get married to Seyran and wouldn't have left a single stone unturned to make things work,if only, my parents had listened to me and had given me time. But they didn't.
They sped up the process just for the sake of saving their stupid reputation for this stupid society.
Or more precisely,because Fuat wanted this.

I strained my every nerve to halt it all but my relentless attempts fell on ears who only heard Fuat.

My own beloved brother contrived all this,he prompted my father to arrange this wedding thing at the earliest.

Apparently because Fuat thought it would firmly fix everything that was falling out of place and that once bound together, moving on for Seyran and I together would become inevitable and that erasing his and Seyran's chapter would become easier.

"It might seem difficult but trust me with time, both of you will be good.
I care for the two of you, I know you hate me for this but I had no better option. I want to see us happy." Fuat leaned over and whispered in my ear but my mind refused to listen.

At that moment, only two thoughts swirled in my mind.
I hated my family.
Seyran hated me.

...
I found myself sitting in the car, the very car that was driving me to my new house gifted by my dad to start my life afresh with the love of my life.

Apparently,my dad disapproved the idea of Seyran and me staying together after wedding in the same mansion as Fuat. Apparently because Fuat would feel discomfort and Seyran too. An easier thing would have been sending Fuat to another house but they rather chose us.
Probably because they didn't want chaos in their lives anymore and I was the only one who brought chaos and disgrace to the reverent family.
Dad was right when he had called me a failure.