-FERIT'S POV-

"Ferit!" Pelin ran up to me with with a childlike excitement. She attempted to pull me in a hug that I refused. However I forced a smile not wanting to hurt her happiness.

I was happy for her,she was finally taking a step closer to her dreams.
Knowing her on a surface level, I knew she only cared about two things. Me and her dream of a startup relating to skincare.

And it was a big day for her and a long day for me.

Her face showed signs of awkwardness but she attempted to greet Seyran too who refused to even offer her a smile and I saw Pelin's excitement fading completely.

My jaw clenched at Seyran, knowing Pelin did not have the best feelings for Seyran but atleast she tried while Seyran,she only knew how to hurt people.

I was pulling myself together somehow desperately searching for a drug that could numb my inner turmoil biting on my soul.

I felt hopeless. I felt hurt, incredibly hurt. I felt insecure. I felt angered. I felt heartbroken. I felt betrayed. I felt helpless. I felt alone. I felt unwanted.
I felt myself suffocating. I felt my heart tugging painfully. I felt overwhelmed. I felt like crying.I wanted an escape. I did not want to look at Seyran. I wanted to fly myself away from her,far where there would be no existence of her but how do I erase her from my damn heart?
I had tried multiple times but had always been beaten by even stronger want for Seyran who never wanted me and will never want me. Never.

And the irony of all was that I couldn't even blame her.

My mind snapped back to reality when Pelin finally asked me about my lost state. She understood me.
I laughed nervously nodding my head in denial, feeling a pair of sulking green eyes on my closeness with Pelin.

Pelin left us at last and we stood near a small bar in the main hall where drinks were being served. I got myself one shot and it had no effect on me. It didn't burn my throat,so I had another and another ignoring the presence of her beside me completely. I wanted to numb my crazy thoughts and my throbbing mind. But I did feel her absence when I saw her back disappearing in distance and my voice despite wanting to,did not stop her.
I watched her leaving me and I wished she leaves my heart too.

My blood was burning with the mingling emotions and unfortunately even alcohol was unable to sooth my guts.

Not even few minutes had passed when I leaned on the bar table to support my body as my eyes roamed around to find Seyran. They still needed her even when she didn't need me. She will never need me. Never.

But my eyes caught two familiar faces and none of them was Seyran.
Fuat and Asuman held each other's hand, laughing and smiling as if they were high school sweethearts who have just confessed to one another.

If it were any other day I would have thrown myself in their arms and would have whistled and cheered for the beautiful couple but not today.
Not today.

Today, I just wanted to destroy that smile my brother wore. I wanted to ruin him for ruining Seyran.
I wanted to break his bones for breaking Seyran's heart like that.

And I let my impulsive thoughts win.
My feet quickened its way towards the happy couple. And as they recognised me coming to them, Fuat's smile faded but Asuman's widened.

"What's happening here?" I clenched my jaw barely hiding my outrageous self.

Fuat looked alarmed snatching his arms away from Asuman's who now frowned.

"Ferit,I thought you weren't coming." Fuat wore a warm smile as if we were talking normally.

"How dare you? Aren't you ashamed even a little?" I spat on his face waiting for his reaction.