1. The Island

I grunted

I grunted. I used my hands to pull myself off the ground, it was snowing and I had shorts and a tank top on.

I felt like I was about to get frostbite as I stood and explored.

Where was I?

I saw trees, a huge body of water surrounding me, and ice. A lot of ice. At this very moment I am so glad I was a girl scout for 6 years.

I grabbed whatever wood I could find to create a fire. I sat on a piece of wood while rubbing the other two to create any sort of flame. I was desperate.

It worked!

I looked all over this place and all I saw was water, salt water. I was on an island, an island that felt like Antarctica.

As I was exploring this Island I saw a cave. It was dark so I went back to my fire. I grabbed the piece of wood I was sitting on and stuck it into the flame to create some sort of giant candle.

I went back to the cave with the fire for some light.

Coats, water, and food!

I found coats, water, and food.

I was beamed with excitement! I put on one of the coats and drank some of the water.

Do people live here?

I had no care in the world as I grabbed 5 cans of beans that were most likely toxic.

I put the cans in the huge pockets this coat had and added all the water I could. I didn't feel safe, I didn't feel good about staying here. So I went back.

The fire was nice, it kept me warm and at night it allowed me to see. I hadn't heard a single thing on this island. Not even the smallest ant crawling around. I was alone. Absolutely no life around me.
.
.
.
.
3 weeks later

I woke up, once again. All i've done is wake up. I'm tired. Not in the "I need more sleep" type of way but tired in the "i'm tired of being tired" way. My coat felt thinner than ever. My hands felt as if they were going to fall off.

Everyday for the past couple of weeks I go back to that cave, stealing more and more resources every time.

Yesterday I went and took what was left of the food and water. I took the coats the second day I was here to create a stack of warmness that I could sleep on. The stack shrinks and gets colder by the minute.

I grabbed a stick and started carving into the snow. I played tic-tac-toe around 70 times all by myself. I was losing my mind.
.
.
.
It's finally time for bed.

This is my favorite time of day. I can just go to sleep, forget about all the numbness I feel and finally rest my body. I can dream about the warm land I hope to see someday. But at this point I've given up. I'm going to die on this island and i've accepted that. There's no more food, no more water, no shelter, & no life. Even if I don't die in the next couple of days, I will for sure go crazy.
.
.
What is that noise?

It felt like I barely went to sleep and now Im hearing this annoying sound.

Wait, I hear something!

I was so focused on sleeping I didn't even notice!

I hear something!!

I get up and immediately look at the water.

A boat.

A boat was here.

I yell, scream. Jump up and down. Do everything I can to get their attention. I even set all my coats on fire to see if they'd notice, but nothing. The boat was turning around.

No, No, No

This was the only opportunity I had and I wasn't going to waste it.

I ran, I ran into the ocean, still screaming, begging for help,

It turned, it turned around, it was coming towards me.

BAM

My vision went blurry as I fell into the water.