fourteen

14. She's Better Now

"I can't believe this" an annoyed Daniella said, at the Brew with Spencer, the two girls grabbing themselves a tea and coffee, "We're actually expected to see both Mona and Noel's faces everyday at school?".

"Mona told Hanna that her and Noel are better now" Spencer informed, "Better at what?".

"I'm just glad Noel didn't decide to sneak into my house at midnight like Mona did to Hanna, because I swear to god, if he did that I would have smashed something on his head" Daniella stated.

"The only question is, do we ignore them?" a confused Spencer asked.

"Absolutely" Daniella said.

"Yeah but Mona had serious insight into what happened to Maya" Spencer reminded, "And we all know, whatever Mona knows, Noel knows, what if they could tell us why Garrett was killed?".

After grabbing their respective drinks, Spencer and Daniella took a seat on one of the couches at the Brew, "You actually think Mona and Noel know the secrets of this new A?".

"They certainly know all of ours" Spencer pointed out, "What if they have some kind of connection to the N.A.T club?".

"That can't be possible, when that club ended neither Mona or Noel were A" Daniella reminded, "Mona was still known as loser Mona at the point, I mean that's probably why there was no video of her, because Garrett and Ian were never interested in her, if they didn't want to peek into her window, why would they agree to work with her?".

"Maybe she was peeping at them" Spencer suggested, "Look, two members of the N.A.T club are dead".

"Can we please stop mentioning that" Daniella said, "Whenever you mention that I keep remembering that Jason was part of that club as well, I don't want to think that he's A's next target".

"All I'm saying is that maybe the person who killed Ali is still freaked out that there's a tape floating around somewhere out there" Spencer said.

"Well that person needs to stay the hell away from my boyfriend or god so help me we're gonna have problems" a furious Daniella said.

Spencer let out sighed, "By the way did you ever ask your dad?".

"Ask my dad what?" a confused Daniella asked.

"About what Garrett said" Spencer reminded, "You know, about him meeting up with Ali that night".

"Okay first of all, my dad and I are not on talking terms currently" Daniella informed, "Second of all, even if we were talking, Spencer I'm not just going to go up to him and accuse him of something that Garrett of all people said".

"I hear you, but--".

"There's actually a but here?!" an annoyed Daniella asked, "You of all people know about how many things Garrett has lied about, why are you now so eager to believe a word that came out of his mouth?".

Without hearing anything else, Daniella stood up and walked out the Brew, her head was hot right now and she didn't want to say anything that would end up hurting her best friend.

***

"I'm basically under house arrest" Emily informed Daniella and Spencer, meeting up with them outside the school, by now Daniella had also calmed down, "My mom's now using my dad to squeeze information out of me about halloween, the lighthouse".