4 |Baby Daddy

[March 2023]

Tanisha stood in front of the mirror, adjusting her Chanel blazer over her black blouse and low-rise trousers. At six months pregnant, her bump was becoming more noticeable, but she had become adept at using clothing and color theory to minimize its visibility. She wanted to represent Mumbai Indians at the IPL commencement party with the same confidence and professionalism as always.

"Tanu, are you ready? It's time to leave!" her mother, Nita, called from downstairs.

"Coming, Maa!" Tanisha replied, taking one last look in the mirror. She smoothed her hair, feeling a mix of excitement and nerves about the evening ahead.

As she descended the stairs, her mother gave her an appraising look. "You look perfect, darling. Chale? Akash wait kar raha hai."

Tanisha smiled, "I'll drive!"

The drive to the venue was filled with the usual Mumbai traffic, giving Tanisha a chance to mentally prepare for the event. She felt a flutter of nervousness as they pulled up to the grand entrance, but she quickly composed herself, stepping out with poise.

Inside, the atmosphere was buzzing with excitement. Owners, players, and celebrities mingled, discussing the upcoming season and exchanging pleasantries. Tanisha moved gracefully through the crowd, greeting familiar faces and making small talk.

"Tanisha! Over here!" called a voice from across the room. It was Kavya Maran, one of the key figures in the Sun Risers Hydrabad's management team.

"Hi, Kavya," Tanisha said, making her way over to her. "Excited for the new season?"

"Absolutely! How are you holding up?" Kavya asked, her eyes briefly glancing at her midsection.

Tanisha gave a confident smile. "I'm doing great, thanks for asking. Ready to kick off another successful season."

As the evening progressed, Tanisha found herself in a lively conversation with some of the team's sponsors. She expertly navigated discussions about brand collaborations and future initiatives, her professionalism shining through.

"You're really in your element, Tanisha," remarked one of the sponsors, impressed by her poise.

"Thank you," Tanisha replied warmly. "I'm passionate about our team and what we stand for."

After a few hours, the party was in full swing, and Tanisha had made her rounds, connecting with key stakeholders and enjoying the celebratory atmosphere. She felt a sense of accomplishment, knowing she had represented the MI well.

˖⁺‧₊˚ ˚₊‧⁺˖✮----------------✮˖⁺‧₊˚ ˚₊‧⁺˖

Tanisha navigated the bustling crowd of the IPL commencement party with ease, her professional demeanor masking the slight apprehension she felt about her growing baby bump. She was deep in conversation with team captain Rohit and his wife, Ritika.

"Tani, it's always great to see you here," Rohit said warmly. "Kaisa hai baccha?"

"Im doing good! And I'm not a baccha anymore," Tanisha replied with a smile. "By the way where is sammy."

Ritika chimed in, "She went to her nani's home last week."

Just then Ishan joined their group. "Tani!" he asked with his usual enthusiasm. Ishan grinned and then glanced around the room. "I want to introduce you to someone. Come with me."

Curious, Tanisha followed Ishan through the crowd. They approached a tall, handsome young man who looked vaguely familiar. As they drew closer, Tanisha's heart skipped a beat as she realized why he looked so familiar. It was Shubman, the man she had a one-night stand with in Dubai. Panic surged through her, but she maintained her composure.