Ⅳ - You Really Need to Sleep

✮✮✮

"You look like hell." It was Thursday and Janis had invited you over. "Thanks," you mumble out while pushing past her into her house. You could navigate her house blind, it's basically your second home now. You go into her room and flop straight into her bed. "You still having trouble sleeping?" Janis asks while plopping down onto the floor. She was surrounded by music sheets and crumpled up paper, her guitar on the ground next to her. You sluggishly sit up and look at her, "Yeah, I just can't stop thinking." "About what?" "Nothing, I don't know," You push the palms of your hands against your eyes.

You and Janis have weekly jam sessions. Chilling with your best friend and learning new songs to play together was your favorite pastime. Damien joins occasionally and sings along since you and Janis can't sing for shit. At least you think so.

"Let's just find a song then you can nap on my bed or something." Janis proposes. Getting up, you pick up the acoustic guitar at the corner of the room and make your way to where she was seated. This week was your turn to pick a song.

"You'll love this song. I discovered it recently and-"

"It's Alex G again, isn't it? The chords he uses are so weird!"

"Yeah but-"

"Please tell me you have another song."

You sigh, "I really thought you'd agree to that one. Let's just play 'Where is Your Mind' or something."

Janis is tuning her guitar when you get a text from your mother.

  -We're going shopping. I expect you to be at the mall in 20 minutes.-

You groan and lay your whole body onto the ground. "I know I'm already here but can I get a raincheck on the session? My mom is dragging me to go shopping" You sigh while getting up. "Yeah, no worries." Janis replies, unbothered. God you really needed to sleep.

✮✮✮

"Seriously, mother?" Your mom was holding up a pink shirt with 'baby gurlz' plastered on the front. She had dragged you to the mall to upgrade your wardrobe. You needed new clothes because, according to your mother, you looked like an 'emo beggar'. Your mother rolls her eyes "You dress like a hobo that lives at Hot Topic, baby. No offense." It's been 3 hours since you came in and you hadn't found anything you liked. You take the shirt out of her hands and place it back on the rack.

"Can we just go home? I have an English test tomorrow and I haven't started studying." The lie comes out easily. In reality, you just wanted to nap. It's been 3 days and you've gotten a total of 2 hours of sleep. A sigh comes out of your mothers mouth, "You know what, go sit in the car, you're wearing whatever I buy you. Your outfit is going to be on your desk tomorrow morning." She could buy you a dinosaur onesie and you wouldn't care, you just wanted to nap.

✮✮✮

Unsurprisingly, the nap plan didn't work out. You passed out eventually though, an hour before school, but at least it was something. You were now at your locker, clad in a white crop-top and baby blue skirt that was way too short. You hadn't actually realized what your mother had picked out until a wide-eyed Damien grabbed your shoulder and dragged you to the bathroom. "Girl, what are you wearing? Also, did you lose weight?" You look at Damien confused, until you turn to the mirror. "Oh what the f-"

"Damien? What poor girl did you drag- the fuck?" Janis looks at you in shock, Cady standing behind her, while you stare back equally mortified. "You look like a pastel emo, dude." Janis says while walking up to you and spinning you around. You stomp your foot. "Stop! I already feel bad enough." You whine while pushing Janis off you and turning back to the mirror. Damien walks up behind you and stops your hands that were pulling at your shirt. "Girl you got bod, and those clothes lowkey look good on you." Your eye roll is interrupted by the bell ringing. Shit.

Your thoughts start going crazy as you're walking to English class. God they can see my legs! They probably know you don't usually wear skirts. They're probably all like: 'look at her. You know she usually doesn't wear skirts?'

Before you know it, you're sitting at your desk in English class, looking at your notebook. When did you get here? Huh, time flies when you're having fun. You're giggling at your own joke when you hear someone clearing their throat next to you. Regina?

"Did you hear anything I just said? Are you even actually physically present? It's like I'm talking to a wall." Regina raises an eyebrow waiting for a response. "Oh uh, hi." You mumble out pathetically. She lets out a mocking 'hi' before continuing, "Anyways, I'll pick you up after school for our project." Project? What? You look up at the board and finally notice the list of instructions written down for a book report you had to do, with details of the partners the teacher had assigned. How much of the class had passed? Your question is answered when the bell signaling the end of the period rings.

You stand up too fast and start swaying before Regina gets up and holds you by your waist to steady you. "Woah there, slow down babe," She pauses and looks you up and down. She bends down slightly to stare directly into your eyes and taps your cheek, "Cute outfit. See you after school."

She packs her things and walks past you into the hallway.

You really need to sleep.

✮✮✮

A/N: I'm posting on AO3 as well so if you prefer reading on that, its on there! Also kind of filler ish, i promise we're getting somewhere. anywayz, thanks for reading. <3 <3