6- The Dance

" Sakshii" someone called out.

I turned back to look who was that.

What? I am dreaming? I wish not.

A video was played.

Anjali and Rahul in it.

They thank me for everything. And our pictures together are played.

From the starting of their relationship to now.

And there is picture of Rahul, Anjali, Arjun and me at cafe. It was taken long long ago.

That was one of my best days.

Now Arjun's recorded video plays. Wtf.

He says," Sakshi has been a great part of our lives and you both(Rahul and Anjali) have to agree. She has been a strong pillar and has stood against all negativity for us. She fought with you both for this dream wedding and when its finally happening don't all of you think this amazing human needs to be thanked? On behalf of everyone Sakshu THANK YOU SO MUCH. You have been a really great person everyday even during your bad days. You have motivated everyone and did a really good job. You'll always be remembered and loved. Wishing you all the very best and lots of love for your future. And hope you find your love again(wink)."

I stand teary eyed and there formed this wide grin on my face at last as he passes me a tissue. This guy really knows how to make my smile.

And then was music played. I chuckled after realising how long it took for it to be played. Perfect was played at the perfect time.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow
Your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

When these lines were played I looked at Arjun beside me.

He looked back and finally after years I got the courage in me to hold the eye contact. His eyes weren't masked. He never masks his emotions.

That's one of the things I love about him.

Just one of the things okay? There's many. You'll get to know.

Those same dark brown eyes. They apologize to me.

He takes a step forward.

"Anjali can you believe it's our mehdi today." Rahul's video message for Anjali was played.

Why is everyone giving surprises to each other.

I am renaming this event. Its call Surndi ceremony. SURprise + MehNDI= SURNDI

What?

Have you gone mad Sakshi. Yoo erase that off memory.

"What happened", Nidhi asks forming a knot between her eyes.

"Surndi" I blabber.

"Huh, your mad know, tell me your mad please" she says with annoyance in her face.

"Areyy forget it" I try to change the topic but now she catches the main topic.

"Tell me about Arjun!" she demands

I dont know why but a thought about him makes me nervous.

"No you tell about Dexter" I show the same attitude.

"He made a video for you that's for what? Dexter can wait he isn't important but Arjun seems to be important from a very long time."She teased.

"He isn't important anoll." I lie. I know I am lying but she doesn't.